Hi
I'm renewing the seals on some 38mm Marzocchis and noticed the following:-
On one slider the seems to be a "hole" on the inside of the casting i.e. where the stanchions go , opposite the brake mountings,
about the level of the mudguard mounts . Not very deep and only on one slider.
Is this standard, ? Any ideas what this could be for ?
Thanks for any info
Best regards
Bob
Marzocchi Fork Slider
-
chbevelbob
- Cucciolo - the Lil Pup
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2026 2:14 am
Re: Marzocchi Fork Slider
Bob, could you post a picture of the hole and location.
My 750GT with 38mm Marzocchis has no such hole in either slider.
Based on your description I see no reason for a hole in that location.
If it doesn't go through the slider then no worries.
Dean
My 750GT with 38mm Marzocchis has no such hole in either slider.
Based on your description I see no reason for a hole in that location.
If it doesn't go through the slider then no worries.
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
Hunter S Thompson RIP
-
chbevelbob
- Cucciolo - the Lil Pup
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2026 2:14 am
Re: Marzocchi Fork Slider
Okay, I missed the part where it was "inside" the casting. Obviously I didn't take my sliders off to look at mine.
Can't think of a reason for a hole there though. Its location shouldn't affect the operation of the forks.
Possible casting flaw?
Can't think of a reason for a hole there though. Its location shouldn't affect the operation of the forks.
Possible casting flaw?
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
Hunter S Thompson RIP