G’day from Australia

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Cyberduke
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

G’day from Australia

Post by Cyberduke »

G’day cyberduke here , been an avid Ducati fan from the day I purchased my first Ducati 900 Sd in 1983 , currently restoring a 900 s2 and riding a 1299 Panigale , just hope I live long enough to see the 900 completed 😎 the new breed of Dukes are bloody quick , anyway just about to retire so maybe I’ll treat myself to a new old Duke I can cruise on in my old age lol
CyberDuke.
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Re: G’day from Australia

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Welcome! I have an 81 MHR and a 17 Enduro; a good mix of old and new. Good luck with the S2 rebuild. Please post pics!

Rick
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

Cyberduke wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:31 pm ... the new breed of Dukes are bloody quick, anyway just about to retire so maybe I’ll treat myself to a new old Duke I can cruise on in my old age lol
Welcome to the Forum. And you're right, of course. The current generation of Ducrappis are absurdly fast and over-powered, not in the least suited to normal road conditions.

You won't be the first to have decided to abandon them in favour of something more practical. And enjoyable, frankly.
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

You won't be the first to have decided to abandon them in favour of something more practical. And enjoyable, frankly.
Really Craig, "something more practical" ? A Bevel ?

But don't let this discourage You Cyberduke, just a personal point of view. And ironically my '94 SS and '01 750 are the better bikes for commuting around here. The older Ducs just aren't easy enough when cold and puttering around at 50 or 70 just isn't their thing.
And now the Alps are getting filled with radars and phonometers :cry: :cry:

ciao
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

ducadini wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:01 pm You won't be the first to have decided to abandon them in favour of something more practical. And enjoyable, frankly.
Really Craig, "something more practical" ? A Bevel ?

:-D :-D . Ah, but I never said it had to be a bevel Ducati ... :-D . I was actually thinking of people who've recently abandoned their over-powered Ducatis for this kinda thing ...
ducadini wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:01 pmAnd now the Alps are getting filled with radars and phonometers :cry: :cry:
Was inevitable. But frankly, given the endless lines of slow-moving BMWs and Harleys that i encountered on my last trip over to La Bella Paese, I'm not sure I'm that bothered ...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”