bimota DB2 EF carb or injection ?

Let the blabber fest begin... This area is for all topics that don't fit into one of the forum catagories & not specifically related to Ducati or even moto related for that matter. Talk away - but keep it clean and "work safe" people. Any offensive posts will be deleted at the descretion of the admins.
anatak
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

bimota DB2 EF carb or injection ?

Post by anatak »

Hello,

Did not know where to ask this question so I ll throw it in here.
Does anybody know if the DB2 EF is supposed to come with carbs or with injection ?

Found out that DB2 EF is also carbed.
Does anyone know the difference then between a DB2 and DB2 EF ?
except for paint scheme

Thanks
anatak
baddean
Parallel Twin

Post by baddean »

Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
anatak
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by anatak »

Thanks.
it is where I found out that the FE is not injected.
Basically the FE is a DB2 with a different paint schema I think.

I ll be looking into a DB2 shortly I hope :)
baddean
Parallel Twin

Post by baddean »

SHHHH, don't talk too loud, but I am secretly lusting after an SB8R and know where there are several.
I raced a S****i TL1000R for a couple of years and think that is a great motor. Bimota tweeked it a little for the SB8R.
Down the road, maybe.
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
Karson10
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Karson10 »

Fitting the late 1990s 90 degree twin from the boys at Bologna transformed the DB machine, as the motor was much more reliable, and a bit more powerful, than its predecessor.

Using an ultralight chassis from its wacky styled Mantra machine, the Bimota DB4 offered the sports rider an exquisite combination of handling, noise and classic Italian panache. Sadly the recent financial difficulties of Bimota meant that production of the DB4 was limited to low numbers.

From the moment its motor fires up with a cacophony of V-twin sound from the side-by-side silencers behind your right boot, there´s something familiar about Bimota´s new DB4. It feels small, light, raw, basic - every bit a traditional Italian sportster.
This first model from Bimota under its new management is a very different bike from the radical two-stroke 500 Vdue whose mechanical problems drove Bimota to the brink of collapse. Now run by a group of businessmen headed by former Laverda chief Francesco Tognon, Bimota is fighting back the way it knows best.

This is not the first time that Bimota has looked to a lean and simple V-twin to help pull it out of the smelly stuff. Back in 1985, the sales success of the DB1, its first ever Ducati-powered model, rescued the firm from its first financial crisis. Now Tognon and his team are hoping they can pull off the same trick again with the DB4, which combines the engine from Ducati´s latest 900SS with a tubular aluminium frame similar to that of the wacky Mantra roadster.

Return to “No Ducati Content - Off Topic Chat”