Drewitz full flow oil filtration.

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
chas b
Mariana

Drewitz full flow oil filtration.

Post by chas b »

I have an MHR which was imported to the UK from Germany. It's fitted with a full-flow oil filter system by a company called Drewitz which no longer exist.My problem is that the filter used is not the standard one used by Ducati. It has the same dimensions but has a one-way valve at the bottom and a raised spigot at the top. I'm hoping someone might know what the part number is or can suggest how I might ID the filter.
drew.jpg
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Re: Drewitz full flow oil filtration.

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Interesting set-up; mine's only half way. I found this on the Internet, same as yours: http://anthonygodin.co.uk/car/ducati-mhr/ It looks like a really clean system. Is there a cooler somewhere?

What does the filter look like inside the Drewitz casing? I'm trying to work out how it works from pictures. Does the whole thing have to be removed to access a filter underneath? Please tell more about the filter already in the Drewitz system.

Here's mine for reference. I'm only half-flow with a radiator from a Kwacker 650. Mine also has a real, magnetic sump plug on the bottom, an oil level window and an easier access filler on the clutch casing; my bike was made for me, not anyone else so I don't care what the purists say about this "butchering". A few shiny ally bits too. Note my system has a little FRAM screw on filter; still have to shift the front carb to get it on and off.

81mhr900ss
750 GT

Post by 81mhr900ss »

This link is from 2017:
https://geoclub.de/yapis/?id=2366206572

Ducatiwerkstatt Drewitz, highly likely Georg Drewitz who I think is the guy who did the work on your bike. Worth a try calling the phone number in the link.
chas b
Mariana

Post by chas b »

I have managed to ID the filter, it's from the old Yamaha XT500.
chas b
Mariana

Post by chas b »

81mhr900ss wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 pm Interesting set-up; mine's only half way. I found this on the Internet, same as yours: http://anthonygodin.co.uk/car/ducati-mhr/ It looks like a really clean system. Is there a cooler somewhere?

What does the filter look like inside the Drewitz casing? I'm trying to work out how it works from pictures. Does the whole thing have to be removed to access a filter underneath? Please tell more about the filter already in the Drewitz system.

Here's mine for reference. I'm only half-flow with a radiator from a Kwacker 650. Mine also has a real, magnetic sump plug on the bottom, an oil level window and an easier access filler on the clutch casing; my bike was made for me, not anyone else so I don't care what the purists say about this "butchering". A few shiny ally bits too. Note my system has a little FRAM screw on filter; still have to shift the front carb to get it on and off.

Hi,yes the top has to be removed to access the filter.. The lower part with Drewitz stamped on it is fixed but I can't see how. My SS has a similar system to the one you are running. I did have feeds to the heads but got rid of them. I also run an oil cooler on that bike.Like yours it is not full flow. The SS needs restoration and will probably be returned to standard, The MHR will run as-is for the forseeable future. MHR is down for a bottom end rebuild...
ps lovely bike you have there!

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”