Second Series MHR frame

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Blacklightning
Diana

Second Series MHR frame

Post by Blacklightning »

Evening All,

I'm looking at an early bike from the second production of Mike Hailwood Replicas, manufactured in late 1979 from reading Ian Falloons book. The numbers are in series and the bits on the bike match.

My question is about the frame, on the left hand side there is a plate welded with two mounting holed drilled where the rear master cylinder goes on the right hand side. The plate looks too thick to me to be original and the welding is poor. Certainly poorer than that on the left hand side plate where the rear master cylinder is fitted.

So, I'm thinking it has been added by somebody?

I can't find any reference to it in any photos or books.

Before I think it is non-original, cut it off and restore the frame I thought I would check - has anyone come across anything like this on an original bike before?

Regards

Stuart
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: Second Series MHR frame

Post by wdietz186 »

Could be a previous owner converted it back to right hand shift? I think they were all left shift then,but easily converted by replacing the selector in the shift box and making up some brake linkage. Did it on my 77 SS and 91 SS and 851 and F1 [I'm kind of stubborn that way]

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”