Trip meter

If you need technical information or help with your BOSCH ignition squarecase Ducati 900SS - Darmah engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
notanumber
Mariana

Trip meter

Post by notanumber »

Can someone please tell me where to locate the trip meter on my Veglia/Ducati speedo (1977 900ss) which shows a mileage reading not equal to the main mileage count, so there must be some way to zero it (the handbook also refers to it, but fails fully to describe where to find it). There's no trip reset knob as far as I can see ...

Thanks for your help.
Spagjet
Mach 3

Re: Trip meter

Post by Spagjet »

if there's no reset knob or even hole where there was one someone might have made one gauge out of two damaged ones. Some Veglia speedos had trip meters and some didn't. SS speedos are set in a dash so if it did have a knob it would be underneath the dash level (and behind the fairing)
Spagjet
Mach 3

Post by Spagjet »

hey dude,
just scored an original '75-' '76 SS parts catalogue off an Ossa crazy I know, been reading it in bed every night. Thought of you when I saw the dash assembly, on the first squarecase SS's the trip meter knob was under the dash like I thought but pointing towards the rider (protruding from the left half of the gauge) so the trip reset knob must have just peeked out from under the dash. The trip knob on my NDD (No Dramah Darmah) sticks out on the left side and points out to the left. That wouldn't float on the SS as the fairing would stop you from reaching the knob. Probably means (like everything else) that the SS speedo is super hard to find and only available if you swap a measureable peice of your soul. Must drive SS nuts nuts finding the right bits, I love customising and "improving" my old bevels but even I would baulk at doing it to an early SS. Hope that helps,
Brett
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

For what it's worth my late '78 SS with Veglia speedo doesn't have a trip meter.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada

Return to “Squarecase BOSCH Ignition Engines > SD, SSD Darmah, late 900 SS & 900 GTS”