Ducati 750 Gt - ID Data

If you need technical information or help with your roundcase Ducati 750 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Dukaccino
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ducati 750 Gt - ID Data

Post by Dukaccino »

Hi all,
I noticed that a said 1974 Ducati 750 Gt was actioned on BAT recently .. it didn’t reach reserve.

My point is it was advertised as a 1974 and in the BH data listing it shows as a 1974.

Yet ! That engine number is squarely between a bunch of 1973ers.. including mine.

I would think the BAT listing and BH cataloguing info is wrong .. no blame here … just wanting to know how do you go about fixing this.

A good look at the bike on BAT suggests it’s not 1974. The leading fork was gone before 74… if the paint reflects something of the birth year .. it’s not 74 … Amal’s? Not 74
I’m no expert but you just get see stuff, and this one doesn’t gel for 74.

So I’m interested to keep that BH catalogue current and correct … how do we fix it for this bike and any others.

Cheers all
Peter S
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Ducati 750 Gt - ID Data

Post by BevHevSteve »

So, you are upset about what someone's 750 GT has been titled as? Specifically, what year it has been titled as?

:doh:

Keep in mind many bikes didn't get sold by the Berliners the year they were manufactured, and sat.... I have been told that they would call them the next year's model and sell them to dealers and whomever ended up buying them would register it based on what the Berliners called it. My advice? Don't worry about someone else's bike's registration details regarding what year their bike actually is. As you say, you can clearly see what batch it is from etc. and nobody is calling it a sport or a super sport etc, so in the grand scheme of things, who cares?
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Dukaccino
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Ducati 750 Gt - ID Data

Post by Dukaccino »

Hi Steve
Good to hear from you…
I guess I’m coming from another point of view, I have a 1973 Lambo in resto and the car classic / vintage car fraternity are serious about this kind of detail.

In all cases a vehicle is described by its MY (manufacture Year). The year sold or registered for the road is almost irrelevant. Maybe it’s it’s interesting from a provenance perspective.

I assumed the BH list was MY list but if that is not necessarily true.. that’s fine. I know Perfection in this detail is both difficult an often expensive.

Happy to live with what’s there.

Btw: did you want to put my name down against 752735. I’ve purchased it from Julien and exported to West Aust.

Cheers mate
Peter S

Return to “Roundcase Engines > 750 GT, 750 Sport & 750 Super Sport”