New Bevel Owner - PNW

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Carmen
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New Bevel Owner - PNW

Post by Carmen »

Hello all,

I appreciate being added to the forum. I'm not getting any younger so finally took the plunge and purchased a 1975 750GT. It's in nice overall shape and appears to have had good care and generally in original condition.

I bought my first Ducati, a new 1993 900SS in Muscle Shoals Alabama at a pet shop. The owner explained that his son wanted to buy a 888 and he apparently found that acquiring a franchise meant he could buy the 888 at a significant savings. Anyway, I lived in Nashville and Muscle Shoals was the closest dealer at the time. I soon learned that for service I should take it to John Hoffman (Cycle Specialties of Athens). John was a character but he was nice enough to show me how to set the shim gaps, especially the closers, since I preferred to do my own work and he was 250 miles away. Anyway, I've owned numerous belt drive Ducs over the years but this is my first bevel and I love looking at and riding it.

I'm now fiddling with the GT, cleaning carbs, checking valves, etc. It starts and runs well but the horizontal cylinder piston and spark plug looks a bit wet. I think I will try to do a leak down check to see what might be going on. Anyway, look forward to sharing info on this forum.

Bob
Anacortes, WA
1975 750GT #756093
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: New Bevel Owner - PNW

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard Bob.....................
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”