Intro

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
2014trent
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Intro

Post by 2014trent »

Need to forum my name is Trent I inherited a 1974 Ducati 750 SS green frame I am trying to find a shop manual for it and people that know something about it
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Intro

Post by Craig in France »

Welcome Trent,

In order to say who can help you with it, you need to tell us what country you're in .... ;).

There never was a shop manual specific to the 750SS. (I guess you know how rare they are? Only 401 built). Your best reference book is this:

Which is best bought here:

https://bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-books.htm

Ciao

Craig
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: Intro

Post by ducadini »

Not even a (printed) partslist was published so originality of GF parts is always a point of discussion.
Sure hope that (if it is a genuine GF) all parts are there. Otherwise : caveat emptor.
As Craig said, the GF (or better 1974 SS) was only 401 (or 411) times assembled, so roughly 800 still exist :-D :-D :-D .
Seen a few (bad and easily recognisable) frauds but also saw a few good ones (not quite right since they WERE frauds) the last 30 years.
Still think it was a pretty unrideable bike (those exhaust :evil: :evil: ) and ugly colours but with a bit of period adaptions real fun to ride (as long as the Law isn't equipped with sonometers).

Ride it , You'll have a hard time breaking it before Your license gets revoked :P :P
And yes, by the book.

ciao
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri

Return to “Introduce Yourself”