Hello from Houston

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
DrDavid
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Hello from Houston

Post by DrDavid »

Hello just bought an 81 Darmah SD, black and gold with only 2.5K miles. After having multiple modern Ducatis and riding the heck out of them in Colorado, moved to Houston for work and riding slower as I get older. Bought this one for the engine. Wanted to go back in time and experience a bit of where it all started. Wanted one that was already running too- Had oil changed, valves checked, top end oiled, carb rebuild done by the seller by a mechanic in Austin. I can do basic maintenance, but will need help with this for sure. Looking for someone in Houston who can work on a bevel twin and a good source for what to do when with the engine as well. I’ll probably put about 500-1000 miles on it a year. So far riding it has been better than I dreamed it would be.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Hello from Houston

Post by BevHevSteve »

All right - time to get out there and get some bugs in your teeth while riding your darmah. Welcome aboard.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Re: Hello from Houston

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Hi David: Mine's an 81 MHR so very similar. Don't hesitate to ask for any tech help; it will have to be by Internet as I'm up north in Canada. Enjoy that bike!

Rick

Return to “Introduce Yourself”