G'day from Sydney

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
ashleyf
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

G'day from Sydney

Post by ashleyf »

Back with a bevel 15 years after selling my 78 900 SS. Started off with a single in my 20's , then Pantah's , modern 900SS's , Superlight 900SS, Needed to slow down so got the 78 900Ss around 2000 or so, sold it in 2003.
Got a bit more time and found THE bike in Western Australia.
Ground up rebuild . Imola tank , mostly original.
Interesting thing is that is has a RHS shift. No apparent stuffing around with the frame (for a LHS to RHS conversion) .

Be interested if anyone else has / knows of a 76 900 SS with a RHS shift . Frame number is DM860SS 086037 , so relatively early in 76.
1976 900 SS. Sydney OZ.
redorca10
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: G'day from Sydney

Post by redorca10 »

Hi Ashley, no I haven’t heard of that. Have ridden an Enfield, never felt comfortable with the rhs shift.
On another note, I’m down in Melbourne. When it comes to parts other than Gowanloch, Motociclo and beltandbevel (sorry Steve), are you dealing with anyone else locally?
Cheers Alistair
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
ashleyf
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by ashleyf »

Thks Steve. rdorca .
VeeTwo in Perth . Trevor Love at Surfside Brookvale .Brook Henry did the rebuild and latest tune and was a real pleasure to deal with .
Trevor uncrated it , and was thoughtful enough to fill it with petrol to save me starting it again. !
Rode the bike home without incident (Bus Lane luckily) and managed to get into 4'th once , at least.

Trying to work the RHS shift conundrum. Cases certainly are original.
1976 900 SS. Sydney OZ.
redorca10
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by redorca10 »

Sweet, thanks Ashley. I used to live in WA, so had some dealings with Vee Two and one of the x-mechanics. agree, always good to deal with.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”