Newbie from New Jersey

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Tryzub
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Newbie from New Jersey

Post by Tryzub »

Hello!

Just bought my first Ducati. A 1980 Darmah from a guy named Alex Gieger from Pennsylvania (some of you may know him). Told him it was going to make a great chopper! :-D

I've always been a Triumph guy, and am the proud owner of a mostly original 1970 Triumph Tiger. Back in the 80's, I used to ride with a group of guys in Oregon and one guy had a brand new SuperSport. I fell in love. I got a dealer quote and still have the brochure where he wrote in the prices...$4,799 for the Darmah, $4,999 for the SuperSport. Back then I thought that was outrageous! Well, I finally came to the realization that the SS will always be out of my price range :( . Not sure why the Darmah cost less than an SS, but am very happy to have overpaid for the Darmah to finally have a Ducati from that era! <>

If there are any rides or meets up in northern NJ, please let me know. Thanks.

Russ
Attachments
Ducati.jpg
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome Aboard Russ. Your Darmah looks pretty clean and complete.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Hi Russ: I've always loved Triumphs (old ones) so please post a pic of the Tiger too; Steve won't mind. The Darmah looks like it is in great condition. Good luck with it; they are wonderful machines and great fun to work on. I'm on the other side of the continent!

Rick
Tryzub
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Tryzub »

Thanks for the interest!

I don't want to disrespect the forum, so I'm attaching a picture including the beautiful Darmah.

Russ
Attachments
Ducati and Triumph A.jpg
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

No problem - all motorcycles are good with me, 2 or 3 wheels and a motor is all that really matters. 🤭
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”