After 25 years, its time

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Misterb
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

After 25 years, its time

Post by Misterb »

Located in the UK, have an 81 MHR I'm trying to put back on the road after its sat in my living room for 25 years. I suspect it wont be as straight forward as I hope..
Speedrocker
Mariana

Re: After 25 years, its time

Post by Speedrocker »

...it´s never to late for an`81 MHR, to be back on the road ! Go ahead! -*!^-
Joe
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Misterb: Speedrocker (Joe) and I are already internet pals in the same boat as you. Mine is still in my living room but should be complete in another month; off the road since very early 1990! Joe and I have been helping and commiserating each other so please feel free to join in the get-the-Hailwood on the road group. Check out another one of our not-very-exclusive club: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYumkcndOk

I look forward to seeing pics too!
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

ok boys - time to get those bikes back out into the sunlight, right? Welcome aboard
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Speedrocker
Mariana

Post by Speedrocker »

Rightyright Steve !....everything is in progress !
Joe
Misterb
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Misterb »

81mhr900ss wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:43 pm Misterb: Speedrocker (Joe) and I are already internet pals in the same boat as you. Mine is still in my living room but should be complete in another month; off the road since very early 1990! Joe and I have been helping and commiserating each other so please feel free to join in the get-the-Hailwood on the road group. Check out another one of our not-very-exclusive club: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYumkcndOk

I look forward to seeing pics too!

Yes I've seen that before, as that's me :lol: Now posted part 2 on YT.. Its actually going ok so far, but with a couple of other projects on the go at the moment, I've exceeded my self imposed 'bike allowance' for the month, so progress will slow for now. Still, yesterday I managed to turn it around in the house so I can work on the other side. Not easy given the lack of space.. I don't think my wooden floor will be the same again.. but sacrifices have to be made..
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Small world MisterB; I'm the guy who's responding to you on YouTube (Kashikoi). IN a few days when I get back from work travels, I'll be putting the heads back together, barrels and heads on the bike and casings back on the engine if all goes as planned. Still got lots to do. Your Brembo discussion was interesting; odd that the previous owner replaced just half a caliper. When I broke open my three, all pistons were as new; I just cleaned everything and put new seals in. One thing I did was to anneal all the copper washers; I got all the dirt off first then ground the old grooves out with fine wet and dry and then heated them with my old camp stove so that they were just starting to glow then cooled them. Can't wait for the next video!
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Post by 81mhr900ss »

My dad lives in Hoylake! We should meet up next time I'm visiting the UK.
Misterb
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Misterb »

81mhr900ss wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:51 pm My dad lives in Hoylake! We should meet up next time I'm visiting the UK.
Small world indeed.. I live half way between Liverpool and Manchester. I just received a bag of seals.. ally crush washers for the case plugs.. I foolishly reused the old ones 25 years ago.. resulting in a tiny oil weep. There's only so much I can do with the bike in the house, but I've turned it around and now at least its now clean and polished on both sides..

The mechanic who rebuilt the brakes said that he'd never had any Brembo calliper with damaged or rusty pistons in 30 years of working on them.
Speedrocker
Mariana

Post by Speedrocker »

I´ve seen your videos also: NICE bike !!!
Joe

Return to “Introduce Yourself”