72 Duc

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
alpal
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

72 Duc

Post by alpal »

Hi everyone,
Thanks Steve for access this looks like a great forum for those of us trying to keep the memory alive. I am 64 years old and hail from North Queensland in Australia my interest in Ducatis goes back to 1972 when I bought brand new a red 750GT, it was supposed to be a metalflake blue from first shipment to Oz but it got sold from under me and I had to wait for second shipment and the only one left was red. In those days a 750 ohc vtwin seemed to be the ducks nuts for me I had the Ducati as a daily rider for about three years and 50,000ks a good mileage by all accounts but had to sell when my first child come along. Fast forward to 2009 and when I contacted a mate he informed me that his brother Dennis, the fellow who I sold it to, had died and he had inherited all his bike collection, amongst this was the Ducati that was last registered in 1985 and did I wish to buy it the answer was a resounding yes and I also purchased a second bike, a 1973 Ducati 750GT, that Dennis had acquired off another mate. All are complete but in a rather sad condition and I have been meaning to restore both bikes when I can get the chance which I hope to commence this year when I am free from my business. I also have other projects such as 1976(?) BMW100/7 complete and a 1927 J model Harley plus two registered bikes I ride regularly a 2006 Honda Firestorm (Superhawk) for weekend blat and a 2008 Hayabusa which I use on longer rides such as going down to WSBK in most years a trip of around 8000ks because we ride the roads not the shortest route (record is 11500ks). I look forward to the forum helping me in the restoration process and I hope I can also maybe help others although I have forgotten a lot
Cheers
Allan
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: 72 Duc

Post by BevHevSteve »

Welcome aboard Allan
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”