New to the forum from El Cajon, CA

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Rickytic
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

New to the forum from El Cajon, CA

Post by Rickytic »

Good afternoon,
My name is Rick (Rickytic), just joined this forum to get all the help and information about vintage Ducati motorcycles you are willing to share, and to provide any skills, knowledge, and abilities I might have. I am an avid motorcycle enthusiast, currently my daily rider is a 2010 Harley. I am a RiderCoach for the California Motorcycle Safety Program as well as a Coach for the Harley-Davidson Riding Academy program. In March of this year, I completed a frame up restoration of a Honda 305 Scrambler, not able to attach a picture yet.

While camping this summer, I found a 1966 Ducati 250 Scrambler and just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take her home and start bringing her back to life. At this point, I have no knowledge of what is right or wrong on the bike, for example, it's got a battery box but I have not seen a picture yet that has this box. It looks like it came stock but just don't know yet. Have started my research but no experience with Ducati. Would love to hear from all that know the 250 scrambler.

Thanks in advance for all your future help with my quest in making this bike right.

Rickytic
pkay
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: New to the forum from El Cajon, CA

Post by pkay »

Welcome - Ducati's can prove addictive, you have been warned!!
PK
So much to do, so little time
Rickytic
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Rickytic »

IMAG0055.jpg
Hopefully I can attach a picture of the 305, here goes.
Rickytic
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Rickytic »

Thanks Pkay......Already excited to get started.....Need to take pictures of wiring and all that stuff before dismantling. Also need to find out vendors that will have rubber and other parts so I cana bring them in first.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

welcome aboard, have a look at the Bevel Heaven shop for things you may need of course :rad:

https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Rickytic
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Rickytic »

Thanks Steve, already have, I found it yesterday while browsing around. By the way, thanks for your help yesterday.

Tic
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

no problem.. :vroom:
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
pkay
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by pkay »

Steve's shop is pretty good and has lots of stuff (I was amazed what you could find) and all reasonably priced. Lots of stuff is being remade now (I found that with my Mach 3 Kawaski as well) so it keeps prices down and most of the time it's better quality than the OEM stuff and allows you to keep the bike on the road.

Here in Australia we also have Gowanloch Ducati who have lots of old stuff as well. Between the two you can get good coverage for starters. There's is also Bevel Rubber in Australia as well. I'm sure Steve wont mind me mentioning the other two cause I have found that they don't tend to overlap on stock that much and where they do of course buying from your local supplier will be cheaper because of freight.
PK
So much to do, so little time
Rickytic
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Rickytic »

Thanks again PK. I now have them all saved for future reference. Should start buying in a month or so, need to get the frame coated and then I can start buying things to put back on. I dismantled the bike mostly yesterday, and found out that I will need a rear brake switch for sure.

Tic

Return to “Introduce Yourself”