Another newby

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
Charlie withanS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Another newby

Post by Charlie withanS »

Hi Guys N' Gals.

I own a 1974 750 Sport that I purchased back in 1980. I rode it a fair amount the first half dozen years but as life became complicated It and my other bikes went into storage. I have moved a few times over the years and I sold off a few bikes but have kept a few that were of real interest to me.

I run a custom fabrication company primarily building road race and rally cars. In the past I have spent many years working on aircraft, primarily restoration work.

Recently my business has led to subcontract work doing the difficult and near impossible for the nations largest BMW Motorcycle dealership. Some neat projects have resulted.
The more I build neat stuff for others the more I want to get back on my own bikes.
This brings me here. As I pull my old sport out of hibernation and start to freshen her up for the future it is time to get back into the bike world.
So here I am.
Cheers Charlie
If it ain't broke, Modify it.
1974 750 Sport and a dozen other less intriguing bikes.
www.ffmsd.com
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

good deal! Lets see some photos of that bike!
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Charlie withanS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Charlie withanS »

I have the engine out of the frame at this time and the heads off to clean up the valve seats. Probably did not need to but started this years ago. So I would say the bike is not very photogenic right now.

Another big item I need to take care of is the original owner painted the bike silver with blue to match the dual seat that was installed. I guess he had dreams of it being a 900 SS. Luckily the original solo seat and side covers had not been touched and are still orange. This gives the paint shop something to match.
Otherwise I believe the bike is in full original condition.
Granted I am installing a Dyna ignition and updating the charging system but these are reversible changes.

One thing I regret over the years is that the bike came with the spare parts kit. not knowing any better the wooden crate/ box was stored at ground level and the wood went bad.
So I no longer have the original crate.

Thinking about it I may have some old film photos of the bike I could scan. I will try to get time to look for some.
Cheers Charlie
If it ain't broke, Modify it.
1974 750 Sport and a dozen other less intriguing bikes.
www.ffmsd.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”