I'm in the game! Got a Darmah

Please say HELLO and tell us about yourself, your bike[s] and where you are located etc...
jeffz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

I'm in the game! Got a Darmah

Post by jeffz »

The search is over. The wait for shipping is over. A 1982 Darmah SD is finally in my stable. :-D
She hasn't run for 10+ years, so I have a few :roll: details to attend before the thrill of riding a classic Ducati is mine.
I chose to refurbish the original petcocks rather than buy new. I just got the carbs off today, and someone much more talented than me is rebuilding them.
I'll post occasionally how things are going, if anyone's interested. I have some pics in an album "Ducati Darmah" on SonyImageStation. Go to hobbies>automotive>motorcycles to find it.
Anybody who wants to share experiences or just talk Darmahs can PM me or email.
Thanks
Jeff
FastFashn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: I'm in the game! Got a Darmah

Post by FastFashn »

jeffz wrote:The search is over. The wait for shipping is over. A 1982 Darmah SD is finally in my stable. :-D
She hasn't run for 10+ years, so I have a few :roll: details to attend before the thrill of riding a classic Ducati is mine.
I chose to refurbish the original petcocks rather than buy new. I just got the carbs off today, and someone much more talented than me is rebuilding them.
I'll post occasionally how things are going, if anyone's interested. I have some pics in an album "Ducati Darmah" on SonyImageStation. Go to hobbies>automotive>motorcycles to find it.
Anybody who wants to share experiences or just talk Darmahs can PM me or email.
Thanks
Jeff
Mine (just got it) hasn't run since 1985. I'll be interested in knowing what kinds of issues you run into.

-Dana
-Dana

Ad astra per aspera!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”