Clutch working way to separate on a 900 square case

Post your general FAQs, comments & questions regarding all Ducati engine & transmission restoration here. [Specific engine FAQs should go in the 'BevelHeaven Garage' section.]
Speedrocker
Mariana

Clutch working way to separate on a 900 square case

Post by Speedrocker »

Can anybody tell me the real working range of the clutch compressor plate , while actuating the clutch lever on handlebar, 900 square case bosch ?
( When you open the little inspections cover on left side, to adjust the clutch , you see the pressure plate separates and pressed the clutch plates,....... I need to know, which distance / way, this plate in action do , to full separating the plates....i have some trouble withit ;-(
Thank you !!
Joe
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: Clutch working way to separate on a 900 square case

Post by ducadini »

Before taking the cover off : check if the pressureplate is getting lifted evenly.
Put the bike on the stand, clutch in and kick a few times 'till it's loose.
Then put it in gear, pull the clutch and wiggle a bit with the rear wheel.
If it's better, chance the clutch will have to undergo some checking.
If a spring is broken, the plate tends to lift more on one side than the other, and NOT disengaging completely.
Also : the outer basket and inner core can get dented by the discs. Those discs then get stuck in the groves making disengaging difficult.
And of course, the clutch nut can come loose, giving it a hit and miss action.

ciao
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
Speedrocker
Mariana

Post by Speedrocker »

Hi Ducadini,
everythings allright,..i just want to know: How long is the way, that the rods ( through the gearshaft) and pressure plate make, while actuating the clutch lever !
Ciao,
Joe
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my memory the figure of approx. 2mm seems to rattle around. Make sure the plates are completely un stuck, which will probably require it to be run/used and warm.
Speedrocker
Mariana

Post by Speedrocker »

Hello Wdietz186,

..nearly 2 mm ist exact the way of the pressure-plate, that i´ve measured out on the pressure-plate, left side, und inspection cover...is that enough to separate all clutch-plate from each other ???...I´ve thought, it must be a minimum of approx 5-6 mm ???
Ciao,
Joe
Speedrocker
Mariana

Post by Speedrocker »

Today, by a friend, we´ve find out on 2 bevel 900 Duc´s : The "way" is about 2.35 - 2,4 mm , measuring on the presure-plate...!
Ciao,
Joe

Return to “Engine & Transmission Shop”