Bimota and Gitan

Some of you guys also have some other Italian beauties in the shed..... so go ahead and post pictures of your non-Ducati Italian machinery here.
crankcase
Mariana

Bimota and Gitan

Post by crankcase »

here are our non Ducati Italians

the DB2 tricolore, well partly Ducati.

restored in my old first floor flat

just open the window and back it up for the first crack on the starter button, just what the neighbours need on a sunny Sunday morning.

here's my 1968 Gitan Grillo Export sport
it ran about 10 metres once, dirt in the fuel tank diagnosed and put to the back of the restoration queue.

because this is the current job, which actually belongs to my wife; a Bimota YB4.

also best to do in the living room as the barn/workshop is being worked on.

biggest headache was finding a new wiring loom- this one is from a YB8 i.e. which will do the job for the injection side of things.

and after I get it up and working- get the spray cans out to make it look like this again : )

I did a trial paint job, just on the right side, because I needed the bike to look half decent for filming stuff- not too bad for 2 days in the barn with spray cans, a few small improvements to make when I do the final job

here's the whole lot of them together

and outside

enjoy
Ian
1981 Ducati Hailwood Replica, 1988 Ducati 851 tricolore, 1995 Bimota DB2 tricolore, 1988 Bimota YB4 i.e. 1968 Gitan Grillo sport, Yamaha GTS1000, Honda Deauville, Honda GB500 Clubman
Classic Superbike Tours
http://thecrankcase.com/

Return to “Italian Bike [non-Ducati] Photo Gallery”