MV Agusta

Some of you guys also have some other Italian beauties in the shed..... so go ahead and post pictures of your non-Ducati Italian machinery here.
TDF
Mariana

MV Agusta

Post by TDF »

This week I picked up a 2002 F4 750. Well maybe I should rephrase that to I picked up all the parts of a 2002 F4 750. Dude that had it, had taken the back wheel off for a tire change in May, and while waiting for said new tire to come in decided to do a valve clearance check so he took off the fairings, tank etc., then noticed it would be easier to do a valve check with the engine out of the frame so he took off radiators, and everything else, dropped the engine out, and hauled it to the local Ducati dealer to check the valves. Then when he got the motor back he rehung it in the frame, hurt his back, went through a divorce, needs to move from base housing as he's exiting the military in the next three weeks and with the hurt back, short time frame realized he just needed to cut his losses and move it along. I felt sorry for the poor thing, so I waved the right amount of cash in front of him, and now it's my jigsaw puzzle. We were literaly sweeping bolts and fasteners into piles with our hands and throwing them in ziplock bags as he'd not planned on having it torn down very long, so nothing was organized. Loaded the bike and parts in the bed of the truck, threw all the fairings in the cab and hauled her home. Threre's just something about an MV Agusta that affects people a certain way I guess. I've lusted after these things for years now and had to jump at this chance to own one. Got it in the garage now up on the lift table, and all the parts strewn out across the top of the bench. I've started rough piecing it back together to make sure I've got all the parts, before the previous owner moves, in case I need to make a run back to his place for a search of his garage for some missing part, then I'll put it back together checking everything. Hung the exhaust on it tonight. Got to love that pipe organ rearend.
Should be a fun project. I can't explain why, but I just love these types of projects.
TDF
P.S. Here's a few photos of it in my truck. PO before the PO I got it from had done a bunch of polishing of the aluminum bits.

1966 Ducati 350 Sebring
1965 Ducati Bronco 125
1958 MDS Super Dart
2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
2002 MV Agusta F4 750
Plus a whole herd of non-Italian motorcycles.
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

You are a brave man!
79 Darmah
78 900 GTS
86 F1B
80 SSD
02 Harley FXD
72 H2 750 triple
08 KTM 300XC
there has yet to be a motorcycle line made that is as satisfying to ride, hear and look at as the ducati bevels
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

Nice!

Those are the kind of puzzles I like putting together.
TDF
Mariana

Post by TDF »

And finished. Actually I've had it together a couple of months just haven't had time to shoot any pics. All went together pretty smoothly. Had to recreate a radiator mount we never found and buy some bolts and a few things that had gotten broken during the tear down (injector, fuel tank fitting etc.). Pretty wild ride, and the growl from the exhaust is impressive at full song.

P.S. The parts I originally thought were polished are hard chromed. Way more bling than I prefer but I can live with it.

TDF

1966 Ducati 350 Sebring
1965 Ducati Bronco 125
1958 MDS Super Dart
2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
2002 MV Agusta F4 750
Plus a whole herd of non-Italian motorcycles.

Return to “Italian Bike [non-Ducati] Photo Gallery”