Ducati Falcon

If you need technical information or help with your non bevel drive Ducati single cylinder Cucciolo, 2-strokes, the overhead valve and scooter motors - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Derik

Ducati Falcon

Post by Derik »

Over the weekend I picked up a very interesting little 1962 Ducati falcon, 50cc's. It seems to be complete but most of the parts have been removed from the bike, it is stripped down race guise right now which i think looks really cool. Would anyone have detailed information about this bike, or know where I could find a repair manual? A wiring diagram is really what I need the most. Thank you in advance!
jmuriz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

falcon 50

Post by jmuriz »

Hello, I just won an auction on a parts catalog from ducati for the 48-100cc bikes from that era. When/if I get the book in the mail I can hook you up with a scan of the schema from the factory. I am also waiting on delivery of a Falcon sport 80...so I'll be needing help soon ;) Hang in there I'll hopefully be able to help you out soon.

Nathan
Derik
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Derik »

TWow, that sounds great jmuriz. Thank you.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

gasket kits

Post by BevHevSteve »

Guys, I just found out that I can get gasket kits for these bikes along with all the other kits I already stock in my store on http://www.BevelHeaven.com. SO if you need them let me know asap as I will be placing another gasket order very soon.

HEre are the listings I found of available kits for the small Ducati motors:
48cc Cucciolo
48cc 2T Piuma
:arrow: 50cc 2T
100-160cc
175cc
plus all the larger NC and WC 250/350/450cc motors.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
mountaineer
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by mountaineer »

Derik, jmuriz,
I just picked up a '64 Ducati Mountaineer. Everything is there, I think, but I'm working on putting it back together. I was wondering if you happen to have any info on this bike or if either of you could point me in the right direction.
Thanks
jmuriz
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jmuriz »

mountaineer:
Depends on what size motor you have...I think they made an 80-90-98cc version. Does yours have the fan cooler? It is VERY similar to the Falcon, only with different exhaust, handlebars and tires :D

Derik:
Sorry for the long delay, I've been trying to lay low on my project. The electircals for the running lights etc on the Falcon is rather simple, there should be a wire loom coming from the headlight assembly and into a control switch on the handle bar (mine is a little broken but I'll try and fix it once the motor/magneto gets working). There is a also a set of wires to run the taillight. I will try and get some more specifics and some scans to you as I can. I was bummed to find that there is no 'wiring diagram' per-se in the parts book :?

I'll post more as I learn more, my dad might be able to help (I presented the poject to him yesterday for fathers day) as he had a Falcon 80 just like the one I bought when he was in highschool!

Nathan

Return to “Single Cylinder Non Bevel Drive Engines > Cucciolo, Scooters, Overhead Valve, 2-Stroke”