help identify this old ducati 200

If you need technical information or help with your non bevel drive Ducati single cylinder Cucciolo, 2-strokes, the overhead valve and scooter motors - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
icyuod2
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

help identify this old ducati 200

Post by icyuod2 »

hi guys and gals

this is my first post about my first ducati. i've been searching high and low for info about this bike.

i've gone through the gallery here and on a couple other forums. i even came across a picture of my ducati (the actual bike i own) but i'm yet to find any info.

its a 200cc engine stamped dm200. looking online, alot of 200 elites came up, but mine has a very different tank (looks like a jr monza???)

i know nothing about ducati's, other than the fact that they are indeed beautifully engineer motorcycles.

basicly what i'm trying to figure out is this.

has this bike been pieced together with parts from other small ducati's, or is this a model i'm just having a hard time finding?

the former owner told me it was a turismo sport, but i'm yet to find any such bike.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

all in all i'm very happy with my purchase, even if its missing the tool boxes,sporting a bsa muffler and possibly pieced together with other ducati parts.
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

That looks like a very early 200TS to me, with the valanced mudguards and a tank that is similar to a 175.

Chris
icyuod2
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by icyuod2 »

steve was kind enough to post links to the 200ts.

mine is indeed stamped 200ts. (behind the head light)

any idea why it was such a short production run? based on steves chart, it seems they where only made in 1959-60.

Return to “Single Cylinder Non Bevel Drive Engines > Cucciolo, Scooters, Overhead Valve, 2-Stroke”