Elefant 87/8 wiring diagram

If you need technical information or help with your Paso based 2 valve 900 Ducati engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
brian cornford
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Elefant 87/8 wiring diagram

Post by brian cornford »

Hi. I have just bought an electrex RR51 regulator rectifier to replace the old (unidentified) part - but have no wiring diagram for my elefant 750, which is an early one of unknown age exactly (unregistered grey import secondhand)> It's white and black, mainly, with a kickstart, rectangular headlight and luckyexplorer stickers though I suspect these are later add-ons. Does anybody know where I can get a manual, or at least a copy of the wiring diagram?

I was going to bypass all the old wiring and connect up as the electrex instructions suggest, with 2 wires from the generator, two to the battery, and one to the battery via a warning light. But! the bike has two anonymous boxes between the generator and the regulator/rectifier, mounted either side by the steering head, under the petrol tank.

If anyone has connected up one of these, could they possibly help please?

THanks...brian (UK, Sussex)
brian cornford
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

re elefant 87/8 wiring diagram

Post by brian cornford »

Spot the daft mistake . There's always one ............ and it's always me! Doh!

Anyway, I have installed the electrex reg/rect but not tried it out yet.
If anyone knows of a manual or wiring diagram, I'd still be ivery interested though!

Thanks, Brian

Return to “900 Paso Engines > Paso 906/907ie, Elefant, Sport. SS, Monster, ST2”