regulator/rectifier early 75 elefant-1986/7

If you need technical information or help with your Paso based 2 valve non-900 Ducati engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
brian cornford
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

regulator/rectifier early 75 elefant-1986/7

Post by brian cornford »

Anyone able to identify this anonymous black finned box, or suggest a substitute-and how to wire it up?

It haas 6 wires emerging from it, black, yellow, another yellow, red/white, blue/white, white. these lead to a connector box which plugs into the wiring that goes of to the loom somewhere (I have no wiring diagram).

there is a number faintly printed on it, but I think it's only a batch no.

It looks something like 7B0G 03.

I know it's not the same as that on an F1 from 1986.

Thanks for your help- Brian
brian cornford
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

re: regulator/rectifierearly 750 elefant

Post by brian cornford »

I've found a replacement from Electrex(direct order) - thanks to John Fallon at Mdina Italia. He could provide an original replacement at 120 pounds GB plus VAT, but kindly told me about the Electrex replacement.
Some people seem to have had trouble with this replacement, but after looking on the web it seems this is mainly confined to ST2's for some reason. The same reg/rect. is also listed for the 916, FI, belt SS, Paso series, Pantahs and even square case bevels (or at least SD) as well as assorted other Italian bikes, Lavs and I think Guzzis included.

Other people seem to rate this as an improvement to original, for a variety of bokes, not all Dukes.

Return to “'Reverse Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces rearward] > Indiana, Elefant, Paso 350/750, 750 Sport & SS, Monster 600/750”