Amal carb on '69 250 Duc

If you need technical information or help with your bevel drive Ducati single cylinder engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
ducati69

Amal carb on '69 250 Duc

Post by ducati69 »

I just found this website and think it's great that all the owners of older Ducati's have a place to share thier wisdom. My question is about a 1969 250cc Monza that has a Amal carb on it. Was it stock for this year, I heard that Ducati used the Amal on some scrambler models, or is it a older modification to make it run better. The bike was imported from Rome somewhere around 1971 and still has a Rome inspection sticker on it and the speedometer is in kph instead of mph. Thanks,
Keep the Rubber Side Down, DirtyDuc69
Eldert
Parallel Twin

Monza carb

Post by Eldert »

Hi sixtyniner
A 250 Monza should have a UBF 24 BS Dell Orto carburator on it
the widecase 250 Monza is only produced in 1968
the one i own does not have the reinforcing loop that goes from the
top rear engine mounting to the passenger footrest mounting
Amal carbs were mounted on Spanish build Mototrans Ducatis and on the
1971 125 Scrambler that had a Mototrans 125 5 speeder fitted
Eldert
ducati69

Post by ducati69 »

Thanks for the info, my Monza is a narrow case 250cc that must of had the carb swapped out for the Amal. It came with a second frame and some motor parts and I remember seeing a Del'lorto 24 in with the rest of the stuff. I sold all the extra parts last year so I'll live with the Amal, it runs great, had the little Duc up to 65 mph last year and there was a lot left in the motor. It's good to terrorize the neighborhood with early Sunday mornings and it is amazing how well the little 35 year old Duc handles the twisties . Ride Safe, Dirty Duc 69

Return to “Single Cylinder Bevel Drive Engines > 250, 350 & 450”