Alazzurra In Storage

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Tim
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Alazzurra In Storage

Post by Tim »

:) Purchased a Alazzura 650 with 2500 miles on it in very nice shape but ,I'm new to this bike and any help with the things to look for.... it has been in storage for sometime so it needs a going over. Tires, tune up, belts and ????

Thanks Tim
izaakb
Mariana

Re: Alazzurra In Storage

Post by izaakb »

Tim wrote::) Purchased a Alazzura 650 with 2500 miles on it in very nice shape but ,I'm new to this bike and any help with the things to look for.... it has been in storage for sometime so it needs a going over. Tires, tune up, belts and ????

Thanks Tim
I hope they at least changed the oil and fogged the engine before storing it. If not, you may have a lot of rust inside the cylinders and maybe on the crank journals.

I would expect to have to do a ring job. That will require a top end gasket kit, which are available.

Check every electrical connection, probably use some ultra-fine sandpaper. Assume all the rubber is rotted. Especially the valve belts (REPLACE THEM). Your shocks are probably dead, you can get IKON replacements (forgot the part number, but they are the same # as the Konis).

Carbs are probably gummed. Assume you'll need to tear them down and at least blow out all the jets and replace the orings.

I would also disassemble the forks and at least replace the seals and oil. Seals are available all over ebay (38mm marzocchi).

Brake fluid, master and caliper seals. Assume shot. Brake fluid gels over time from exposure to moisture and is intended to be replaced annually. Plan to replace or rebuild those. Kits are cheap, fluid is cheap (flush out the hoses).

sounds like you have a summer project.
1977 500GTL (restored)
1980 Darmah 900SS (being restored)
1986 Alazzurra 650SS
1986 Alazzurra 650SS (project renov)
1986 Elefant 650 (needs work..)
1995 900SS SP #591
1996 600SS
1998 900SS FE
2005 Monster S2R (on my third tank...)

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”