F1 FILTERS

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

F1 FILTERS

Post by mizike77 »

My new to me F1 came with uninstalled Malossi filter cages. I do not believe they are for this bike. They just do not fit on either carb. They hit the frame up front, and hit the inner fender in the rear. Does anyone have a photo or more info on the proper filters?I really dont want to ride it with no filters!
79 Darmah
78 900 GTS
86 F1B
80 SSD
02 Harley FXD
72 H2 750 triple
08 KTM 300XC
there has yet to be a motorcycle line made that is as satisfying to ride, hear and look at as the ducati bevels
senior citizen
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: F1 FILTERS

Post by senior citizen »

In my experience the cages are only for the 36 MM carbs and can be made to fit (barely). Of course the black mesh will melt-LITERALLY IT WIll MELT -if you try to clean it. I have cut up Uni filters to make inserts for the black Mallosi cages but it really is not very satisfactory.If your F-1 has 40 MM Dellortos you really have a tight squeeze for any filter. Your best bet is the biggest,softest universal filter you can find and cram it into place. Hope this helps.

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”