Pantah clutch piston and seals

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
gentlereiner
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Pantah clutch piston and seals

Post by gentlereiner »

I'm bringing my 1982 Pantah 600SL back to life, and after 15 yrs of storage, the clutch piston seals have disintegrated. Anybody have any ideas on replacement parts for these? The piston is a 31 mm that looks like every Brembo brake caliper piston I've ever seen, and I wonder if Brembo manufactured that end of the hydraulics along with the m/c. I can't tell if the lower seal was a square seal, but the upper (crankcase side) looks like a conventional o-ring. The piston looks good; no rust or seize marks.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

It's been a long time since I've had one apart but I'm pretty sure the seal on the clutch piston is an o ring. The later[650 and F1] used a square section seal that didn't last or work much better than the o ring.
Keep a few spares around you'll probably need them.
gentlereiner
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by gentlereiner »

Found my notes from the last rebuild; you're right, it IS an o-ring. Closest fit was a -218. Thanks for the reminder.
gentlereiner--ride 'n slide

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”