Clutch Slave Cylinder O-Ring

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
mmmexico
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Clutch Slave Cylinder O-Ring

Post by mmmexico »

So...Here's the problem. It seems that I have an early F1 and the seal on the slave cylinder of the clutch is in the bore of the slave cylinder. My slave cylinder is 31mm in diameter, so the O-Ring is going to have to be somewhat larger. Does anyone know of a quick and easy place/person/business from whom I can buy a couple???

In advance...Thanks!!!

Mike
radecal
Parallel Twin

Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder O-Ring

Post by radecal »

G'day Mike,
This was a topic on the Pantahead List recently and a special seal is available to replace the original one.
I can check to see if I still have the post. I have an '86 F1 so was also after the seal for mine as I seem to remember they had a couple of sizes.
Regards,
RAD
hms86f1
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by hms86f1 »

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I have the same clutch slave cylinder (o-ring inside bore). I measured the original as OD=39MM, ID=31MM and cross-section=4MM. Is that correct? I found an EPDM (brake fluid safe) O-ring of those dimensions but see that they come in different hardnesses: 40, 50, 60, 70, 75 and 90, the standard being 70. Did you learn anything about the correct hardness? Thanks
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hey Bob - please find the info and let me know - I get asked about these all the time and really should get em in stock... Hope all is well with you and The Missus. Cheers.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
hms86f1
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by hms86f1 »

I ordered 10 EPDM O-rings: 31MM ID and 4 MM Cross-section for $47 and they came in the standard Hardness (70) but feel less pliable/stiffer than the original. An hydraulics service fellow thought the original was probably a 60 hardness. But the 60s are more expensive 4.60 ea with a minimum order of 50 so about $230. Anybody want to contribute to a minimum purchase?
hedton
Diana

Post by hedton »

It seems that it's the same as the Mille dimensions!
https://forum.bevelheaven.com/viewtopic ... 471#p23471

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”