Adjusting head bearings.

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Adjusting head bearings.

Post by bobnorton »

Despite looking closely i have been unable to see a lockring , these are Ceriani forks , is it possible that the DPO has managed to leave this off after fitting new taper rollers?.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Adjusting head bearings.

Post by BevHevSteve »

yes. You need to find another one.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Hi Steve,Yup its missing, How anyone could work to such low standards leaves me floored, there is nothing i can trust now,thinking i may be better off breaking the bike and cutting my losses.I dread looking inside the motor.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

no don;t break it up!!! :doh:
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Bob, does it have an adjustment nut? The one you use a hook spanner on? If so that is all you need. To lock it in place you pull down the stem nut on top of the triple clamp after adjustment,with all the pinch bolts [stem and fork tubes top clamp] loosened,then tighten the pinch bolts. The adjusment nut can't move after that.
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Hi Wdietz, This bike is a crazy mixture of expense and total ineptitude, I have rebuilt bikes from almost archialogical remains and had less problems than Ducatis have brought me. I should have bought a rider as at this time thats what i need.I may have to resort to a Suzuki SV650.
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Bob,Just think of the fun and enlightenment you would miss with an SV. Granted,they are great bikes but in the end there are too many of them out there and their value will only go down. Any bevel ducati is worth the effort nowdays and their worth is only going to go up. Hang in there and tackle one thing at a time,they really aren't that hard to work on.I look at it as therapy.
Bill
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Found a mate who will make me a bearing adjuster!, so its onwards again, We have an SV in the family and i have ridden it several times ,but have no recollection of its nature,thats how memorable it was.Perhaps i NEED a bevel.Into the clutch area next.

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”