Marzocchi Shocks on '62 250 Monza

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Guido1
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Marzocchi Shocks on '62 250 Monza

Post by Guido1 »

I'm restoring a '62 250 Monza, and would like to keep it as close to original as makes sense, and was wondering if the Marzocchi shocks are able to be rebuilt. I have the information on how to get them disassembled, which the manual says is not possible, but was wondering if there are any seals available or information on weight and volume of shock oil even if I can get them apart to that degree. If a rebuild is not practical, are there afermarket shocks that are being used? Any help and advice appreciated. Thanks.
Guido1
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Marzocchi Shocks on '62 250 Monza

Post by Guido1 »

So I took one my Marzocchi shocks apart today, and once the covers are off it is pretty obvious how the rest of it comes apart. The seal for the shock piston rod is clearly a custom part, and would not be easy to source without some serious research and machine work. Luckily mine looks to be in pretty good shape and still pliable.....amazing really. I've cleaned all the parts and intend to assemble with new fluid, and that leads to my question. Does anyone know the correct volume and weight of oil for these shocks? Thanks.

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”