1980 Darmah Carb Tuning

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
killfile
Mariana

1980 Darmah Carb Tuning

Post by killfile »

Hey folks!
Thanks to everyone that helped me get my '75 860GT carbs better sorted. It's now finished on NorcalTT (500ish miles) and one MotoMelee(900ish miles).

I've now picked up a low mileage 1980 Darmah and I'm trying to get the PHF32(AD/AS) carbs sorted. I've completely disassembled them and have taken notes on what's inside. For the most part no surprises, #122 main jet, #55 idle jet, but the float needles are mismatched. The front carb was running a #250 float needle and the rear carb was running a #300. The #250 seems fine, but the #300 needs to be replaced. I'm assuming the #300 is incorrect as Steve lists it as typically being for PHM carbs in the store and that I should it switch out for a #250. Still being a bit of a bevel novice, I thought I'd mention this here as I have occasionally heard people mention setting up the rear carb different from the front. Thanks all!
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: 1980 Darmah Carb Tuning

Post by Craig in France »

killfile wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:22 am <snip> ... I thought I'd mention this here as I have occasionally heard people mention setting up the rear carb different from the front.
Never heard the needle valves being different. Can't see why they would - one will flow more juice than the other, that's all.
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: 1980 Darmah Carb Tuning

Post by ducadini »

The difference between the #250 and the #300 is just 0.5 mm , thus the latter is giving more flow.
Unless You're flat-out, not much difference for a bevel.
Of course float-hight has to be checked.

ciao
joseph
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”