DUCATI MUSEUM - WSB - Laguna Seca, CA [July 9-11 2004]

Post upcoming moto events, shows and news articles here.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

DUCATI MUSEUM - WSB - Laguna Seca, CA [July 9-11 2004]

Post by BevHevSteve »

OK all you guys and gurlz, please start planning your vacation time to come to the US Round of World Superbike at Laguna Seca this July 9-11

http://www.superbikeclassic.com/
http://www.laguna-seca.com/Events/index.cfm?EventID=1

:P For the 3rd year now, Ducati North America and BevelHeaven.com will be showcasing vintage DUCATI bikes on Ducati Island during World Superbike Weekend at Laguna Seca.

:mrgreen: We will be expanding the museum on Ducati Island this year, with more floorspace, a vintage parking coral outside the tent, a museo only judged concours w/awards [judged by The People], special guests etc etc. plus much more.

I will keep you informed as I work details out with Ducati NA. Last year was truely 11th hour, we only got things going 3 weeks prior to the event due to all the new changes within DNA etc. But it was still rockin..... This year, new digs, new managment, and new attitude. Check out last years fun >

http://www.bevelheaven.com/gatherings/wsb2003/index.htm

This year, we want to plan ahead a bit, so I am sending out this first 'notice' now so you can pencil in the time and start making plans.

I need to start making plans for who is going to bring what bikes..... We need everything from the Cucciolo, singles, bevels, pantah, 4 valves including the 851/888 series, the cutoff will be 916 for the museum. DNA will be once again firmly backing this effort and is currently making plans for the weekend events.

If you want to be involved please let me know asap. We will need volunteer help in the following areas throughout the weekend:

- nice vintage bikes, restored motors, etc to display in the museum
- on hand museum staff / docents / watchfull eyes
- hospitality / coat check helpers
- island organize & cleanup / general help / gophers

Of course, I need to know who is going to bring what bike[s] what days and if you are going to be coming and going or leaving your bike there throughout the weekend [nights etc.]

Please send me an email with SUBJECT: LAGUNA SECA with what you want to do/provide and I will add you to the eMail list I have started to get info out.

Of course, your participation grants you great things in the after life as well as some kewl DUCATI schwag..... Mille Grazie!!
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
manitoufs
Mariana

Post by manitoufs »

And just another reminder of the new Ducati Headquarters for this year. Peter Bonner and I have rented the Hill House at the Los Laureles Lodge on Carmel Valley Road just over the grade from the track. It is a great venue, isolated from the rest of the lodge and overlooking the valley.

Check it out at - http://www.loslaureles.com/

The house has plenty of bike parking, plenty of room for partying and will be the headquarters for Bevelheads. No more fighting for a table at the local restaurants. We have got our own venue. The owners of the Lodge are former ducati owners (Hailwood Replica-beveltype and my current 90 750 Sport shown in the pics above) and are bike friendly.

I would encourage anyone looking for quality digs for the weekend to get your reservations in early. Great riding in the morning on Carmel Valley Road, top notch brunch after the ride and then off to the track - about 10 minutes from your door.

There may be limited space available at the Hill House. Peter and I are still working out what has not been spoken for.

Thanks again to Steve for coordinating this world class event. For those of you who have not been to Laguna, I assure you, it is worth a look-see.
George
65 250 Scrambler (2), 64 Monza, 72 250 Scrambler, 73 750 Sport (2)
74 GT (2), 87 F1, 90 750 Sport, 04 Multistrada, 06 Sport Classic
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

more Ducati Island Details

Post by BevHevSteve »

I spent 5.5 hours with DNA last sunday working out some details and getting a plan of action nailed down. It is a FOR SURE deal again. Here are some points.....

1 - big things in store for the weekend [details to be released later]
2 - special guests to do a Q&A session as well as autograph times
3 - E BOZ will come over for an autograph session sunday after race 2
4 - PEOPLES CHOICE awards for museo bikes with some GREAT prizes
5 - KEWL museo staff shirts in the works
6 - ducati island staff shirts will be different
7 - 30 bike limit under the tent
8 - Vintage Ducati parking corral next to the museo for overflow if we get more than 30 bikes
9 - KEWL Ducati related vendors on the island

......... plus a whole lot more, details to come.

I have rec'd several requests to be a participant already THANKS. I am still looking for more bikes, especially SINGLES, SCOOTERS, 2-strokes, Racebikes, MHR, 851, 888 at this point - but still need all the product range none the less. If you want to be involved please shoot me an email or call me ASAP. Those of you that have already contacted me regarding this - I WILL be getting ahold of you personally soon when we have to get your specific details and get you info hopefully in a few weeks.
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opienzip
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Dinner & Ride Thursday B4 Laguna Seca

Post by opienzip »

Peter Bonner is arriving the Thursday before Laguna Seca and staying with me in the Livermore hills. We're planning a ride on Mines road that afternoon/evening, followed by dinner and beer/wine at my house, which is about 7 miles south of Livermore on Mines. Anyone interested in joining us, email me at [email protected]. Also, we'll be riding down to LS friday AM and hooking up with Steve at the museum, and any/all are invited to synch up with us for the ride down as well.

Brian
'86 F1
'91 851
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

list of Museo bikes

Post by BevHevSteve »

'Heads, here is the list of bikes scheduled thus far to be on Ducati Island in the Ducati Museo during World Superbike weekend at Laguna Seca July 9 - 11. 1 scooter, 33 bikes and 2 engines on display.

You really SHOULD get here if you can to check out the scene as this will be a most impressive gathering of eye candy. Bring your camera... and sunscreen. Most of these bikes have been completely restored or are in original condition. Half of them are being riddin to the event by the owners from wherever they live. Tick Tock.... it is getting closer to the event, cYa there.

Brio Scooter
1955 Acero Stationary Motor
1963 350 Factory Racebike [Farne won Sebring on this bike]
1964 250 Mach 1
1966 250 Scrambler
1972 750 GT
1972 750 Paul Smart Replica [exact duplicate of Paul's Imola bike]
1972 750 Sport [orig Z stripe w/factory ferring]
1973 750 Sport
1974 450 Desmo [disk brake model]
1974 750 GT
1974 750 Sport
1974 750 Sport
1974 750 Super Sport
1974 750 Super Sport
1974 750 Super Sport
1974 750 Super Sport
1974 750 Super Sport [fully restored - Motor Only]
1975 750 GT
1975 750 Sport
1977 900 Darmah
1977 900 Super Sport
1978 900 SD Darmah
1978 900 Super Sport
1978 SSD Darmah "NCR Replica"
1979 900 Super Sport
1980 900 Super Sport
1981 900 SD Darmah
1981 Mike Hailwood Replica
1983 650 Pantah
1985 Mike Hailwood Replica Mille
1986 750 F1
1987 750 F1
1991 851 ala 888
1991 851 Superbike Stada
1993 888 SPO
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

it's over.........

Post by BevHevSteve »

Greetings,

I just got home and unloaded from Laguna Seca. I am beat, left the track last night just after 10:00pm then headed over to "Bevelheads/Pantaheads Central" aka the Los Laurelos Lodge for my promised saved BBQ and the some of the now [in]famous Martini of Peter Bonner. Kewl babee! Ken Sheperd, Tim O'Mahoney and Peter Bonner were the only ones still on their feet.....

This will be brief, I need to feed, shower then go back to San Jose for the Ducati Bike Night [hint hint Richard] tonight on Santana Row in the next hour. I worked 12 - 15 hour daze wed - sunday and am feeling it right now.

39 amazing vintage bikes were in the show. Our tent this year was alot larger than last year and all but 3 or 4 fit inside. We had Frank Scurria and the last Ducati he actually raced in 1967 IIRC - this is the same factory grand prix racer that Franco Farne won Sebring on. And 4 Greenframes..... wow!

I took more than 300 photos between my other island duties during the event, and will get the good ones posted up on my site tomarrow afternoon. I hear there was some pretty good racing on track as well.... ;)

We had a vintage only concours....... Winners of each class got an Old Timer leather jacket of their choice courtesy Ducati North America [they retail for around $500 USD]. Runners up in each class got the excellent book "Ducati Design & Emotion" courtesy BevelHeaven.com - both of the above also got a framed award certificate as well. Thanks to Uncle Tod for helping me with his experienced input to pick out the winners. Best Of Show went to the Farne bike by group decision in the lodge after a few martinis etc.....

:arrow: Pantah
1 - Greg Peterson's 1983 650
2 - Gary Patton's 1987 750 F1

:arrow: Squarecase
1 - Greg Nealon's 1979 900 SS
2 - Tim O'Mahoney's 1978 900 SD Darmah

:arrow: Roundcase
1 - Brian Larrabure's 1975 750 Sport
2 - Brad Turner's 1974 750 GT

:arrow: Singles
1 - Larry Feece's 1963 factory 350 Grand Prix bike
2 - Steve Emery's 1964 250 Scrambler

:vroom: Honourable Mentions
:Uwin: Kewlest Dude on The Island - Frank Scurria
:Uwin: Best Helper - Hans Mellberg
:Uwin: Farthest Traveled - Steve Emery [Waterford, Ontario, Canada]
:Uwin: Hardest Working DNA Staffer on the island - Danny Carson
:doh: Most Interesting Bike Mod - Floyd The Crawdad who hung around various bikes.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and especially to those who hung out in the tent to keep the idiots from going over the barriors, to those who cleaned the bikes in the am, and to those who helped out setting up or taking down, especially at the beginning and end of the day - Hans Mellberg, Greg Peterson, Brad Turner, George Betzhold, Tim Keys, Tim O'Mahoney, Peter Bonner, Keith Hale, Jo Wimmer, Susan Rocha

More later - next year our emphasis will be on Ducati Racing heritage so start cleaning up those old racbikes....

If you want to be involved next year, you must let me know in April/May so I can get you on The List.....
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

photos posted

Post by BevHevSteve »

I have just posted more than 250 photos from the event to my main site under GATHERINGS. Please check them out to see what we were up to first hand. This year was TOTALLY better than last year in so many ways....

This is a photo of Duffy, our MC on the Island, Frank Scurria, Steve Allen & current bike owner Larry Feece. The bike is the last Ducati that Frank raced, which Franco Farne won Sebring on as well in '66. The bike is still raced, top speed of 130 + mph and is the FIRST grand prix racer that Ducati ever produced, serial #001......

4 Greenframes - that is 2% of total production right here under the tent!!!

What is the Ducati Island Museo without a breakdown of some sort? Darrell figures out that his clutch stopped working because the clutch basket nut backed off..... An easy fix - assuming you have the tools!

http://www.bevelheaven.com/gatherings/w ... /index.htm for all the photos....... enjoy!

Return to “Events, Shows & News”