Harvest Classic 2009 - Texas Oct 23-24

Post upcoming moto events, shows and news articles here.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Harvest Classic 2009 - Texas Oct 23-24

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi Everybody,

We are about 3 weeks out from the 2009 Harvest Classic Rally, which will be held in lovely Luckenbach Texas on October 23 & 24. If you haven't pre-registered already, it's not to late! Just go to www.harvestclassic.org , and click on the link that says 'Register Online NOW'. Online registration ends on Oct 16, so don't put it off any longer. Remember, online registrants get a complimentary t-shirt for each registrant.

We have a ton of cool stuff planned for this year's rally. In addition to all the usual favorites such as the bike-only camping meadow, bike show, bike-in movie, kickass barbecue, and trials competition, there are a few extra special things that I want to tell you about.

Longtime rally friend and sponsor Val Asensio of RIDE TEXAS magazine is auctioning off her Ducati 748 on eBay. All proceeds from this auction will be donated to Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation via the Harvest Classic. Please check out the auction at http://tinyurl.com/yu8qsq . Bid high and bid strong- you could be the winner of this uber-cool bike, and help out a really important charity to boot!

But wait, there's more. Rally Hall-of-Famer and Platinum sponsor Mike Pawlowski has really pulled out all the stops this year. I have taken an oath of secrecy to not disclose the full awesomeness of his donation, but I can tell you that his neighbors have been complaining about the smell of eastern European castor bean oil, and that this year's raffle bike is guaranteed to shock and awe. In the past, Mike has generously donated cash gifts, a restored Vespa, a restored Yamaha Twin Scrambler, but this year threatens to top them all. Buy lots of raffle tickets this year, because the winners going to be very happy.

Ducati North America will be offering demo rides on their 2009 lineup. I have ridden the Streetfighter, and it re-calibrated my awesome meter, which now goes to 11. Don't miss this opportunity to look at, drool upon, and ride the latest offerings from Bologna.

The Iron City Soul Shakers will be playing the outdoor stage during Saturday afternoon. This band was recommended by Scabby, one of our rally crew, and according to him, they channel James Brown, Ike & Tina, and the Rolling Stones for divine inspiration. Good times!

That's about all for now, and we hope to see you in Luckenbach.

Regards,
Russell Duke
Harvest Classic
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Events, Shows & News”