bay area ducati night, july 12th, 2004

Post upcoming moto events, shows and news articles here.
johnc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

bay area ducati night, july 12th, 2004

Post by johnc »

san francisco bay area ducati night, june 14th, 2004 ...

firstly, thank you to all that attended. if i did not get the chance to meet you, i apologize, and look forward to meeting you next month.

i counted 72 motorcycles parked on santana row in front of the restaurant, of which 69 were ducatis. this was great to see, and attracted a lot of attention from people walking by. we also had a san jose police officer stop his squad car (with lights flashing), and get out to look at the bikes. he wanted to hear a ducati 750 GT start up, so we had "official police approval" to make some desmo music!

photos of the event are now viewable @: http://www.ducatiowners.com/mh900e/even ... _2004.html

secondly, i want to thank the wait staff at pizza antica for handling our group so well. for some reason, there was a mix up between my speaking to the owners last saturday (confirming our group's reservation) and tonight, as we did not have a large table set up inside the restaurant as originally planned. that said, i believe that the way it turned out, with us breaking up into smaller groups and grabbing tables outside and inside, worked event better, as it allowed folks to chat and get to know each other better than when in larger groups.

lastly, i look forward to seeing even more ducati owners (and other motorcyclists) attend next month's dinner at pizza antica. 7:30 p.m., monday, july 12th, 2004. i am working to have a few ama and world superbike riders attend, as this will be the monday right after laguna seca round of the world superbike series.

location is:
Pizza Antica
334 Santana Row, #1065
San Jose, CA 95128-2013  
Telephone: 408.557.8373

thanks again!

cheers,
johnc
Last edited by johnc on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by johnc »

we just got a listing for the july 12th event on the ducati north america site @:
http://www.ducati.com/od/ducatinorthame ... 4246&type=

ciao 4 now,
johnc
johnc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by johnc »

ciao all -

just received an email from pizza antica management ... for july 12th event, they will reserve all the outside tables for our event, just tell the host/hostess you are attending the ducati bike night and grab a table starting at 7:30 p.m.

also, i am trying to work a deal with santana row general management to have the parking spots out front secured for this event.

ciao,
johnc
johnc
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by johnc »

ciao all -

i am considering bringing some of the "not released to public yet" eboz posters, but am concerned that as most folks will be riding to the event, it might be difficult to transport them home.

what is the consensus? should i bring them? they are pretty darn cool.

ciao,
johnc
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

ducati night

Post by BevHevSteve »

Last night was the 2nd Ducati Night at Pizza Antica at Santana Row in San Jose. I counted 100 Ducatis lining the streets, bikes were coming and going pretty regularly, so we probably had 150+ different Ducatisti overall. The local gendarme has promised to block off 12 parking places for us to park our bikes in next month.

:rad: Thanks to John Clelland for organizing this event!!!!

This event will continue to grow - FYI there are plenty or other resturants right there, and lots of shopping as well. SANTANA ROW is the newest development in San Jose, it occupies 3 huge blocks in San Jose and offers classy shopping and food options with plenty of parking garages.

The raffle went smoothly - a bunch of nice Ducati schwag given away. Pizza was excellent. DNA was represented by Steve Coe & Michael Parratore - Steve brought a new 2005 999r over for everyone to drool over.

Please mark your calanders - this event is ongoing 2nd monday of the month rain or shine.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Events, Shows & News”