1977 900 SS - Another SS back on the Road

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
bockmier
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

1977 900 SS - Another SS back on the Road

Post by bockmier »

Special thanks to Bevel Heaven, among others, who helped get this non US 1977 model back on the road in 2005, after eight plus years of neglect in a collector's mothball fleet. It is a thrill to ride.

Geoff
Parallel Twin

Post by Geoff »

Very nice resto! You've put a lot of effort - and hours - into this one and I really appreciate what it takes having recently completed my (Euro) 900SS. They look identical, except for my use of Lucas Rita!

Anyway beautiful, and as you say a thrill a minute to ride.
Cheers
Geoff
bockmier
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by bockmier »

Thank you Geoff.

Takes one to know one! My experience may not have been quite as challenging as yours. The bike was a runner with nice electrics but missing a regulator unit. My efforts included issues with almost all rubber items, forks, decals, seat, brakes, tank, windshield, missing bits here and there. I did manage to inherit a good motor and exhaust plus most of the paint was quite nice. Next up are the carbs (rebuild or replace, still debating) and a set of the MBP collets. At some point I may have to deal with the usual SS rock hard buckboard suspension too. I enjoyed your photos too.

What do you mean I am out of money, I still have checks? ;-)

Dan Bockmier
Craig in France
Paso 906

SS back on the road

Post by Craig in France »

Well done, Dan. Always good to hear of (and see!) another bike rescued from a collector's tomb ...

'Ride 'em, don't store 'em'

Ciao

Craig in UK

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”