1982 Desmo 900ss from "ashes" I hope

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
Pilly900SS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

1982 Desmo 900ss from "ashes" I hope

Post by Pilly900SS »

Well this is my first taste of Ducati restoration and the bike in question is a 1982 Desmo 900SS. I guess before I start to strip it down I would like some help out there to identify the bike configuration and colour. I have explored many sites and struggle to find a bike similar to the one in question. In particular the colour - Green and the panel / decal arrangements. The side panels (not shown) only have decals exhibiting "Ducati Meccanica". The 900 Super Sport Decals are on the tail of the bike. The engine number and frame number clearly place the bike as a 1982, Feb compliance plate in Australia.

It has been left out in the weather for many years and is showing those effects in both rust and alloy powdering. I think is is all pretty much recoverable. Some parts are missing (the dash plate and lights in particular) and some need replacing but in general at 35000km (and still running) I reckon it will be a goer.

Hope to get some feedback (and maybe access to some parts, etc) from your very global site.

Gordon
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0172.jpg
IMG_0170 (2).jpg

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”