Bevel Harris Momomille estate

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
incautious
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Bevel Harris Momomille estate

Post by incautious »

Been lurking around for some time, and now I have some time to start restoring this bike. It's a Harris Monomille Bevel Ducati. I got this from my brother's estate so I'm trying to find as much info as I can. Ian Falloon and Oliver Pearson, engineer with Harris Performance have been very helpful. Bike has spent most of it's life in NJ,USA, been in the family since around 88, donor bike was most likely 1980 Darmah. It is believed that this bike was assembled around 1986/1987 by GPM in Vicenza which would have done extensive motor work. It has a dry clutch set up from 1984 R1 series MHR. Carbs are 41mm Malossi's, Forks are Marzocchi, don't know if they have been modified. Wheels as are Magnesium by EPM, 16" in front and 18" in rear and fitted with Perelli Phantom Tires. Exhaust is Verlicchi and sounds magnificent. The rear is a mono shock with White Power suspension. Most other bits seem stock Darmah including ignition and brakes. Any other info that anyone here may have , please post. This is a very rear piece with only about 30 of these bikes produced, so some you may have seen this bike in it's day. Bike has run but needs restoration work especially the brakes. Bike is a time capsule, so I'm reluctant to do much that would change that situation other that to make it somewhat road worthy. having issues post pics here so you can use the following link

https://harrismonomille.shutterfly.com/pictures/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Re: Bevel Harris Momomille estate

Post by Peter Mille »

Great bike!
It seems no Mille ( 973cc), but as you wrote, a 900 cc Darmah engine was used.
Find a decent workshop, and get it back on the road!
And for the future: store it better than the previous owner did....!
incautious
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Bevel Harris Momomille estate

Post by incautious »

The "Mille" in monomille(also known as the super Imola kit) was a nod to the up coming(still born) Modern frame Cagiva Mille. It had nothing to do with engine size( although any bevel motor including the mille could be used). Steve Wynn who wanted a modern Ducati super bike to compete with the newer better handling Japanese bikes, designed the light weight 531 chrome moly frame. With more compact 57.5" wheel centers and a reduction in seat height from 33" to 29" and a dry weight of 350 lbs, the monomille was 40 lighter than the MHR and over 100 lbs lighter than a darmah/ss. Bump up the HP to 90 or so and you have a "modern" duck that would give the rice burners fits back in the day. Although Sports Motorcycles built the majority of these bikes, they did sell it as a kit also to various performance builders like GPM who would build these one of a kind bikes for very well heeled customers. In all there were around 30 of these monomilles bikes built for world consumption. There are only two of these know to exist in the USA.

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”