Pics of my 75 900 ss

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
wilkson
Mariana

Pics of my 75 900 ss

Post by wilkson »

abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

Nice......but the clutch cable routing needs revising so the outer lining doesn't touch the exhaust header and melt.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
wilkson
Mariana

Post by wilkson »

Thanks for the tip .......it dosn't must be the angle of the photo.
andy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by andy »

Thats a great looking bike paul it would have to be one of the best looking bevels around. I bet it took a long time to find.Cheers.
AUSDUCATI
75 900ss
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

The clutch cable does touch the exhaust header on my SS. I've had to move the cable up by securing it to the fuel tap.

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
wilkson
Mariana

Post by wilkson »

andy wrote:Thats a great looking bike paul it would have to be one of the best looking bevels around. I bet it took a long time to find.Cheers.

Cheers Andy , yes it took some time to find.
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

That's a real beauty!

Nice to see another '75 out there. How long have you had it?
wilkson
Mariana

Post by wilkson »

conti-mental wrote:That's a real beauty!

Nice to see another '75 out there. How long have you had it?

not very long it is new to me
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

spectacular

Post by Lumpy »

Beautiful.............simply beautiful. I run my clutch cables along the frame spine under the tank then a gentle curve to the rear down tube where I hold it in place with a wire tie and that keeps it neat and out of harms way. But it`s still beautiful regardless of where the clutch cable is.
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

Fantastic! I've just started to resto my 75 900ss (mine since'77)and this is exactly what I am aiming for, it looks as if it just rolled off the line in Borgo Panigale. Actually, it looks rather better than that, but not over the top. Congrats to you for owning it and whoever restored it.
Tutto Bene!
I will start posting pics of mine when I work out how
wilkson
Mariana

Post by wilkson »

I just read your intro. Whats the Ducati scene like in Poland? looking forward to seeing some pics of your bike.
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

sorry it's taken so long to answer, missed your post. Ducati scene in Poland is quite healthy for newer bikes (post 2000) with several new dealers and a couple of clubs despite the short riding season and brutal road conditions.
Old bevel scene consists of me, so far, standing in the garage sprinkling shims and fretting about paint codes. I'm sure there must be some more, but I havn't found them yet, maybe the throb of Contis in the spring will bring them out....

Na zdrowie

Zed
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

junack

Post by Lumpy »

Hey In-two,
A Polish work collegue of mine has been telling me about a Polish produced 500cc single bike that stopped production in the 60`s i beleive. The bikes called a Junack (not sure of the spelling, pronounced you-nack) and was a pretty snappy looking classic in my opinion. He showed me a few that were for sale on various Polish ebay type sites. I`ve been trying to talk him into buying one as an investment for his kids. In a world thats becoming more retro every day they`ll be worth heaps in years to come. Sadly he`s a car nut and thinks bikes are for those with scant regard for life and limb.
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

Hi Lumpy,
Yes indeed, there is a bike called a Junak, it's 350cc and quite a lot of them clatter about here leaving a trail of smoke, oil and engine parts in their wake. More than you ever wanted to know is on this site http://www.junak.net and google translate works well enough. I completely agree that scooping one up now is the way to go, fully restored examples are beginning to emerge, as are shows,rallies etc. They can look very smart and were an impossible dream for most people in their day.
Happy to find out more but probably good to move the posts to random ramblings thread as a Junak is about as far as it is possible to get from a perfectly restored 75 900ss as it is possible to get...(except for the trail of smoke,oil and engine parts bit)....
Cheers
In-Two
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

in-two
The Junak pics are interesting. Looks like a fair bit of Triumph influence. How do I get it translated?
Ian

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”