750 Sport

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
750sport
Mariana

750 Sport

Post by 750sport »

Something turned up the other day.....

I know, the box is a bit big and its got a terrible name on it.

Its like christmas!

Tdaaa. On of the most beutiful bikes I have ever seen. Fantastic sound. I am in love.

We have other italian bikes but this is our first time with a large capacity Ducati.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

nice starter bike

:vroom:
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
750sport
Mariana

Post by 750sport »

Starter bike, you're kiding right?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

absolutely.........

you said "this is our first time with a large capacity Ducati"

translation "starter bike" ;) ITs a beaut
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
750sport
Mariana

Post by 750sport »

Fair enough.

By the way - your site is amazing, really good stuff for people needing anything for their bevel drive Ducati.

Cheers Steve.
78SS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 78SS »

What a stunner. Look after her, change the oil every 2000 km (cheap insurance for the crank) and she will love you.
Nice one mate.
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Can you tell us more about the bike?
Did you restore it?
etc. etc.
750sport
Mariana

Post by 750sport »

Yep - it is certainly a stunner. Well, not much history really. We did not restore it.

For once the old man and I decided to buy a bike that needed no work, this one came up and it was purchased. We both restore old italian Lambretta and Vespa scooters and have a few MV's to restore as it is, just couldn't stomach waiting a few more years to be able to ride one of these Ducatis so we took the plunge. We have been considering 900ss's over the last couple of years but in our opinion the styling of the 750 Sport was to good to go past.

Just last week I rode it to be inspected for registration and have found that the front brakes were not great. It would appear that the disc may be uneven in thikness. I have started a discussion on this in the other forum.

Will keep in mind the frequent oil changes, I read that there is no oil filter as such, just some kind of oil strainer that keeps the big bits out!
Rick F
Mach 3

Post by Rick F »

It looks like a new one! Where did you get it?

I have a GT version of the same bike. Although it does have a lot of the same "performance" inards!

You will have a ball on the bike & attract a lot of attention as well.....just the sound/note.

Here in aussie, our roads are not quite as good (generally speaking), so the harder suspension, & clip-on/rear set configuration, is great when you get on a good piece of road or track, so the GT's are considered better for our general use.

We have a great vintage race ciruit out here though, & the Sport, in standard form, is almost unbeatable!

I would say I disagree about the oil changes.

Every 1000 km (600 mile) is my preference!

Oil is cheap. Good insurance. Gives me something to do every month or so.
There is also a great article about it, originating in the USA, on another website, ( will try to get the link) & (I can hear the cries of horror) states that a general use multi-grade like Mobil 1, is as advanced & protective to a motorcycle engine, as ANY other oil. Article states that the synthetic oils seem to perform better, BUT the point of all this round about is that ALL oils, loose something like 80% of their viscosity (?) after only 800 miles

I hope this is the site http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/oil.html

see how it goes.

All the best with the new bike

Regards
Rick
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Oil changes on bikes like this depends on how many miles/km's you make a year!
I think nobody makes more than say 2000mls/3000km's a year, right?
With that milage, I suggest at least two oil changes a year, altough it doesn't hurt to change it more often!!
And stay away from oils intended for cars, they contain friction modifiers, and will cause the clutch to slip, for sure!!!
750sport
Mariana

Post by 750sport »

Hi Rick, I'm in Oz as well.

Interesting article about the oil.
Rick F
Mach 3

Post by Rick F »

yeh sorry about that, :oops:

I was looking at the bike & not your location! Saw the Harley Box & just presumed

Whereabouts are you?

Where did the Bike come from? I was thinking international because of the packing!

Yes it is a good article about oil!

When my bike was a runner back in the 1980's I only used a
BP Coarse 50 (?)
Now we are back on the road after all these years, I cant seem to find it anywhere, so I have gone to a Penzoil HD 50.

I hope it is OK, & I have been told by some that it should be. But I get the impression, from that article, that as long as I change it regularly, I should be OK.... I know that's a bit of head in the sand type of thing, but as I say, we are only just back on the road after almost 20 years, & I am still coming to terms with what is on the market these days

Regards
Rick

PS it IS a BEAUTIFUL Bike
78SS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by 78SS »

You aussies think you have bad roads? Come ride over here, NZ, and you will go home with square wheels HA HA.
Less than 3000 KM a year Peter? You gotta get out more matey. Life is to short to sit back and watch.
Been running Shell HD 50 in the 900ss for a while now and it loves it. Its made specially for big bore singles and twins. I got on to it when I worked at a Ducati dealership and it was on a list from Ducati of recommended oils.
750sport
Mariana

Post by 750sport »

Hello all.

You are right about attention with this bike. I rode it to Northam the other week (country town about 120 km north east of Perth in Australia) to watch a round the houses vintage car race. I tell you, the number of cars that pulled up next to me on the way to have a look - its a bit off putting to be honest!

The strangest thing was when I pulled up at a service station on the way back, some woman was taking a video of me from inside her car then took some still shots when I was getting off it!! So strange.

Only did about 250km, and was a bit sore the next day - will have to harden up I think.
750sport
Mariana

Went for a ride the other day with a friend of mine...

Post by 750sport »

At the pub in the hills - had a great meal and a beer.

They make a good couple!

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”