Borrani rim fraud and seller cashing in

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Borrani rim fraud and seller cashing in

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Has the world gone mad over Borranis rims that they are made of gold ???

Check this one out Item number: 150317214712 seller states that they are 4777 in his listing but when you read the fine print they are nothing special Borrani rims and telling buyers they can doctor the numbers just just straight out fraud ,,,,,geeeeeeeeeesssss that get me
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I saw that too, maybe someone should report to eBay. Have done business with that seller before and they were very reputable. However, I agree that one does go over the line.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Already did that :lol: lets see what comes of it , maybe some one else should report his as well
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Friggin rediculous if you ask me..... But, keep in mind this is from an ESL guy from Germany..... I wonder if he really meant to suggest committing fraud..... I think he is only suggesting what could be done if you wanted your bike to appear more correct and that is all. I don,t read it any other way than that afterall, he could do just that and then sell as 4777 himself which would be fraudulent.....

I guess it is all about intent which to me, is tough to tell.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
DesmoKid
Mariana

Borrani madness.

Post by DesmoKid »

I just saw the wheels this morning and was also struck but the sellers deliberate suggestion to doctor the rim code. I have to conclude that the intent is to increase the desirability of the wheels to bidders rather than to defraud anyone. What is also interesting is that, while the seller correctly points out that the earlier 47s have flanges which flare outwards more than the later ones, they incorrectly assert that only the 74/75 47s have the code RM-01 while the later 76/7/8 rims are prefixed by RM-11. I just went out and checked my original 78 blue/silver SS and its 4777 rims are prefixed with RM-01 and its shoulders are unflared. Previous eBay sellers have not distinguished between the two versions of the 47s so I guess we will see more restored 74/75 SS bikes with unflared borranis just as we are seeing more restored 75 to 80 SSs with the squared-off "E" in their DESMO decals. And, really, just how many angels do actually fit on the end of a needle?
Are you talkin' to me?
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

This is amazing! I am going to check my current 75 SS and then I am going to go back through my photos from 75 and I will get back about this.
Ian
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

YUP Agree-had my ss since 77-never saw a squared off desmo sticker the only one was 'e' rounded-whats goin on these days-cheap knock-offs and bs story for young players-they say -square e for square case-but i can show anyone who cares pics of my bike brand new -desmo-curved 'e'
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

Yes, I am glad someone else has also noticed the slightly different DESMO decals. The only original bikes I have seen with the square E are the 1982 900SS models. Getting back to the wheels on ebay, does anyone know for which make and model the wheels are OEM? From the photos, the drilling code ( well, I think its a drillling code) is 4324/1. Can anyone offer a website for Borrani rim codes relevant to motorcycles? I know a pictorial history was begun here on this forum, but I am hoping that someone knows of an official website or may have an official catalogue.
Are you talkin' to me?
leoleo

Post by leoleo »

ok now i am p'd off-i sold two bikes -both with original wheels-for 4grand the lot

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”