Brembo Master Cylinder

Post your 'Wheel, Brake & Tyre' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
rwhc80
750 GT

Brembo Master Cylinder

Post by rwhc80 »

Hey Guys,

Anyone got any suggestions where I might locate a Brembo front master cylinder for a Darmah or maybe 860 GTS. Trying to fettle together a project bike, and the front brake cylinder is proving a little hard to locate ??
Cheers
Rick
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Many are using the coffin style Brembo cyl. as on the later[88 up] bikes. I believe Steve has them listed on this site.
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Thanks wdietz186, but if this thing comes together ok I am hoping to try some period racing, so I need to keep within the guidelines of our Australian period 5 class. bikes from 1972 through to 1980. the later unit may cause some grief with period regulations, so I need to locate an earlier unit if possible ? but thanks again for the info.

Cheers
Rick
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Brembo Master Cylinder

Post by Craig in France »

rwhc80 wrote:Hey Guys,

Anyone got any suggestions where I might locate a Brembo front master cylinder for a Darmah or maybe 860 GTS. Trying to fettle together a project bike, and the front brake cylinder is proving a little hard to locate ??
Cheers
Rick
Not easy, Rick. I think I can say without fear of contradiction :), that you won't find any NOS ones any more. So FleaBay, motojumbles, friends, relations, you know ...

Good Luck!

Ciao

Craig
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

In the interest of safety I doubt the rule enforcers would require orig. parts. The only advantage to a more modern cyl. would be a different bore size but in the 70s different sizes were around too.You might be able to find a round res.Nissin or Grimeca cyl. that would look the part.If you showed up with twin 320mm floaters and 4 piston calipers then they might want to DQ your entry.But when you get down to it master cylinders really haven't changed much since they were invented.
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

RWHC80,
I rang Ian Gowanloch about 6 weeks ago trying to get the correct M/C for my '75 SS. He didn't have one, which I expected, but he did have a few of the ones you are looking for that might be surplus to a few bikes he is putting together. Give him a call during work hours on 02 694 626 99. he is working from home and It might take a few attempts. Regards,
Ian
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. Ian, I will give Ian Gowanloch a call and see if he has one, and thanks for the number, Will let you know how I go.

Cheers
Rick
rwhc80
750 GT

Brembo master cylinder

Post by rwhc80 »

Ian,
Thanks for the tip. I spoke with Ian Gowanloch but unfortunately was unable to asisst with the Darmah unit, but the good news is he can help you out with your SS unit. he advised he has just had 35 tons of parts delivered so I guess it was amongst that stuff. he suggested giving him a call on 02-69462626 thats the new workshop number. , or e-mail him at [email protected] make it quick though as he is about to start advertising stuff on E-bay. Good luck with your part
Cheers
Rick
Tried to PM you but appeared not to go through !

Return to “Wheel, Brake & Tyre Shop”