SACHSE Timing question on 860 GT

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Tinkerbell
Mariana

SACHSE Timing question on 860 GT

Post by Tinkerbell »

Hi All,
I inherited a Sachse system in my 860 GT . I wanted to verify timing without removing the right side engine cover to be able to see the LEDs. I noticed that the Pin4 ( Sensor 1) terminal on the Sachse box goes voltage high when the front piston hits TDC exactly . Is this the same signal that operates the indicator LEDs? I also tested the Sensor 2 terminal on the box, and it goes high as the rear piston hits its TDC. Seems too close to be coincidence.
Many Thanks,
Kara
Tinkerbell
Mariana

Re: SACHSE Timing question on 860 GT

Post by Tinkerbell »

I talked to Sachse and the voltage on sensor 1 (pin4) goes high simultaneously as the led goes out at TDC. This is true for sensor 2 also. So this check is valid for the rpms at hand cranked speeds.
Thanks!
Kara
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

👍🏻
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
81mhr900ss
750 GT

Post by 81mhr900ss »

Hi Kara: It would be easy to make a pair of test LEDs. Just take a peek at the installation manual for my bike, a Bosch bevel 900, downloadable from the Sachse website to see what I mean. Because the Bosh pickups are located in the left hand cover, the test LEDs are an external, test tool only, just two LEDs and three wires that connect to the Sachse ignition box. The diagram in the manual will show you how they are used to test the TDC trigger point. I'm guessing that they are 12V LEDs.
Tinkerbell
Mariana

Post by Tinkerbell »

Hi mhr
I talked to sachse and if you use a decent voltmeter you can simply watch for the sensor pins on the box going voltage high....its the same timing as the led going off.
Thanks!
Kara

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”