Another dreaded regulator/rectifier question

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
andybaggies
Mariana

Another dreaded regulator/rectifier question

Post by andybaggies »

I've purchased a new Ducati Energia 25a reg/rec that fits both the Pantah & the Darmah which has the orange connector and 5 terminals, G, G, +B, L & C.

I've already figured out the two Gs are for the alternator & the +B is for the (positive) battery but I'm unsure what the L & C are for. My best guess is, L for the Light and C is for the switched live i.e. Control.

But it could just as easily be L for the switched Live and C for the Control light :?

These things seem delicate enough without mis-connecting & blowing it up on the first application :( so does anyone know for sure?

Cheers,

Andy B
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Another dreaded regulator/rectifier question

Post by Craig in France »

Took some time to find, but here's your answer, Andy ...
Regolatore.jpg
Regolatore.jpg (4.15 KiB) Viewed 9542 times
Explanation:
G = giallo= yellow = alternator x2
+ B = battery positive
L= luce oppure spia = idiot light
C = chiave = ignition switch

It's also possible to work it out from the F1 wiring diagram .. but it ain't easy :shock:

P.s. Also just found this - for a Vespa 125.
Attachments
Regolatore 2.jpg
andybaggies
Mariana

Re: Another dreaded regulator/rectifier question

Post by andybaggies »

Wow! a great fast reply and hopefully useful for others. Top man! :-D -*!^-

I did spend some time trying to find the same but always ended up on sites that required signing up to view the wiring diagram, but that's just what I need - and, amazingly, my best guess was correct.

I won't be using the L terminal mind as I've bought one of the standard charge warning lights from here https://www.improvingclassicmotorcycles ... oducts.htm It doesn't just switch on/off but has different flash sequences for a flat battery & overcharging and switches on if under charging.

One of these days I'm going to get me act together and post some pictures of the build progress.

Thanks again,

Andy B

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”