Japanese part on my 860...what is it?

Post your 'Electrical & Gauges' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
confusa
Diana

Japanese part on my 860...what is it?

Post by confusa »

I have two small black boxes under my tank that I am sort of confused about. Japanese parts, bb1105 Tokusan Denki. Seems strange to see some Japanese parts on the bike. What are these? Are the stock or a later upgrade?
baddean
Parallel Twin

Post by baddean »

It's Kokusan Denki, and they are ignition modules. The brand is commonly used on modern Ducatis. They would be an upgrade, not original.
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

Lot's of Japanese, Nippon Denso ( Suzuki) parts on eighties Ducati's I'm afraid...
F.i. rev counter, speedometer, handlebar switches etc. all factory original...!!
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

Peter Mille wrote:Lot's of Japanese, Nippon Denso ( Suzuki) parts on eighties Ducati's I'm afraid...
Don't know why you should be afraid, Peter! I was more than pleased to be getting away from all that CEV, Aprilia, Veglia and Ducati Elettronica misery!

And there's not much wrong with NGK spark plugs, Yuasa batteries or Bridgestone tires, either :-D

Ciao

Craig
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

I use Bosch plugs, Varta batteries and Pirelli tires on my Duc, try to avoid Japanese parts if possible...! :roll:
( although I use a lot of Jap spare parts on my Kawasaki 750 MachIV, of course...!! ;) )

Return to “Electrical & Gauges Shop”