Original and stock 1981 500SL Pantah

Post your Taglioni designed rubber band head FOR SALE and WANTED ads here.
Ducless
Mariana

Original and stock 1981 500SL Pantah

Post by Ducless »

I am offering up for sale or trade my VERY nice and original stock 500 Pantah. It is a 1981 model and I have a clean title in my name. It has 18k kilometers on the clock. The only non stock items on the bike are rubber items like tires, fuel lines, belts, etc. Any other item that needed replacement was done with period correct stock used items that match the patina of the bike, verlicchi grips for example. It even has the stock airbox and exhaust on it. The bosch pickups have had the old wiring replaced with modern oil and gas resistant wiring. It runs like a top. The belts were replaced, valve seals replaced, valves adjusted, carbs rebuilt, fork seals, etc. The only major system that was not rebuilt was the braking system since that was already working well. The brake fluid was flushed however. The seat has a few cracks in the vinyl, but I left it alone to preserve the originality. The bike even has the stock tool kit! Tires are older but in good shape and they still have the nubs on them. I am sure that there is a lot more that I can say about the bike, but I do not want to write a novel. This is basically a really nice survivor bike that has been taken care of. It is not a perfect restored example, it does have a paint chip here or there, but it is an honest original bike that has been ridden and not modified.

I am asking $8500 obo, or trade. I am seriously into vintage racing so I would be very interested in trading for a bevel racer or a bevel project that would make a good racer. Titles are not necessary, square or round case. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me or I can be contacted at mustang44_1 at lycos dot com. The bike is located north of Chicago.

Thanks
Dave

BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Original and stock 1981 500SL Pantah

Post by BevHevSteve »

Dave - call me at my shop 925.798.2385 I have a lead for you on a bevel that might be a good vintage racer candidate for you.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Pantah Twins”