Leoni cyl. heads

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
coloradodutch
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Leoni cyl. heads

Post by coloradodutch »

Ok so i have a set of springer 860 cyl.heads in very good condition ported by Reno Leoni complete with valves springs and stock cams. set up for 32- 36mm carbs. I have been setting on these things for 20 years may be time to part with them.I also have some Reno-westco 11-1 87mm pistons. I have no idea what they are worth.any one want to make me an offer?
The older I get the faster I was
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Re: Leoni cyl. heads

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

No idea re value,but a quick question: Is the surface on which the valve spring pack rests fully formed (round) or is it "partial"? " My 750 heads were only partially formed there (after all the Desmo was what everybody cared about,right?),and this and the 10mm long valve guide bores always scared the dickens out of me when the heads went into racing use,altho they never did explode.Jerry branch had done those heads,and when he said he thought they would "be okay",I felt better,but I think now I could have/should have welded and machined that valve spring surface pretty easily.
coloradodutch
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by coloradodutch »

I don't Know much about 750 heads but on 860 's the spring seats are completely on the aluminium. The advantage of springs are more cam options. Were your heads orginally desmos?
The older I get the faster I was
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

My heads were springers from the outset.Many more sprung than desmo bevel twins were made in the early twin days,but Ducati being beset with so many problems at that time simply surviving and building batches of machines,nothing is surprising.
Ducless
Mariana

Post by Ducless »

pm sent

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”