WANTED TOOL KIT & TIRES

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
duc750ss
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

WANTED TOOL KIT & TIRES

Post by duc750ss »

I AM LOOKING FOR A 1974 750 TOOL KIT IN THE CLOTH BAG WITH TOOLS ALSO LOOKING FOR NOS OR USED METZLER C7 BLOCK RACING TIRES 18 IN
I WILL PAY GOOD MONEY FOR TOOLS OR TIRES.contact -Mike702-860-5700
PACIFIC TIME
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Re: WANTED TOOL KIT & TIRES

Post by Steve Foster »

Hi Mike - too late now (just read your post) but did you see this? eBay Item number: 170960032530. Hefty price -15 bids from 10 different bidders, so you're not the only one after one of these - but this guy has listed quite a bit of new old stuff in the past 6 months or so and he might have another if you're really keen.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170960032530 ... 1423.l2649
Cheers
Steve
1974 Ducati 750 GT
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

I know "original" tool kits and the like are cool, but this is faintly ridiculous. I've got a set of these 'tools' supplied new with my bike, my screwdriver even has a wooden handle, but they are complete garbage, you wouldn't, couldn't, use them to open a soft drink they are of such poor quality. The price paid is nearly 500 GBP, 700 USD! Understandable if they were forged from a meteorite by Carmelite monks in the Dolomite mountains and presented in a hand stitched Connolly leather pouch by Sophia Loren herself....
I don't have an issue with the rights of the seller to sell them, or the buyer to buy them at that price, just with their sense of perspective. Your Grumpily, In-Two.
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

FAINTLY ridiculous ??
ABSOLUTELY B%$µEring STUPID !!
As IN-TWO stated, apart for the cloth bag, those tools are the same stuff that came with my Darmah.
AND IT EVEN MISSES the flat tube to get more leverage.
So what's the point of having the original tool-bag : helping stranded Ducatisti on the side of the road , whipping out your original tools ?
If You want to work roadside on a Ducati, better get some serious stuff or you will be butchering it.

A friend has been saying me to buy a set of 4777's to get my SS back original but I REALLY don't consider paying the prices they are asking without getting something more then "originality". If they would contribute to roadholding or performances : a VERY big maybe.

Better prepare a good bike and have loads of roads rolling underneath the wheels :-)

cu
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
duc750ss
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by duc750ss »

Hi Steve
Thanks for your responce,most everything Ducati is crazy prices especially 74 green frame.
The decision is what you want more the pile of money or the part you need,simple as that.
The tools are not to fix your bike,it is for the serious collector who wants everything original
for his bike.With green frames selling for north of 100k maybe the tools are a bargin?
Thanks Mike
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

If you have a genuine 74 or 75 SS then the tool kit was a great buy. If you don't have a genuine 74 or 75 SS, the tool kit was a great sale.
Are you talkin' to me?
duc750ss
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by duc750ss »

I HAVE A 74 GREEN FRAME 6000 ORIGINAL KM (3700 MILES) ALL ORIGINAL
EXCEPT FOR TIRES AND MISSING TOOL KIT
in-two
Diana

Post by in-two »

duc750ss
Congratulations on owning a '74 Green Frame, I always wanted one from the moment thy first appeared. I've made do with my '75 900ss which I've just spent two years restoring to its former glory.
Please don't take my previous post as any kind of personal criticism, it wasn't intended that way, I was just shocked that it was possible to sell such an appallingly shoddy tool kit at such a high price. If anybody should be criticised it is the Ducati factory for spending so little thought and money on the tools in the first place. I fully appreciate that you don't intend to use the tools, it's just the 'complete-ism' thing that goes with owning old bikes (or indeed old anything).I'm just as guilty, re-fitting the original rubbish Aprilia fuse box to my bike and binning the sturdy,reliable box that I made up from Porsche parts 30 years ago, all just for 'originality'.
From the mileage and your search for original fitment tyres and tools I'm guessing you are treating your bike as a museum/show piece, entirely your choice and a good one, particularly from a commercial point of view. I wish you luck with your search for the tools, as a previous poster noted they were almost the same for many models of bevel for several years so it should be possible to put one together, and the cloth bag was just that, a thin muslin bag. If you weaken one sunny Sunday and take it out for a blast, I'll be the one right behind you, trying to keep up on the 900!
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”