Unscrupulous Darmah Seller

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
Bern
Parallel Twin

Unscrupulous Darmah Seller

Post by Bern »

I just went through numerous calls with a seller for a 78 Darmah (it's red with no badging on the side covers) who had advertised it for $4,500. The bike is in unrestored condition. I immediately agreed to the price and began to make arrangements to pay for it and to ship it. As soon as I asked for a copy of the title and a picture of the serial number things went pear shaped. The serial numbers on the title and bike are not the same.

The seller has since backed out of the deal stating he feels the bike is worth more. Apparently he will be listing it on ebay. Just thought people should be aware.

BTW it is not the one on ebay at the moment located in NJ.

Cheers,
Bern
Ducless
Mariana

Re: Unscrupulous Darmah Seller

Post by Ducless »

Which number is being used for the VIN? I am here in Illinois and my early Darmah uses the engine number as the VIN on the title. Other states might use the engine number as well. When I bought the bike, I almost did not buy it because the title did not match the frame number. After a thorough search I found that the engine number matched the title. Maybe this could be the mix up with the title, and the seller is not shady, just greedy!
Bern
Parallel Twin

Post by Bern »

I asked that question as well, apparently the number on the frame and the engine were identical which I found quite odd. I guess the word odd sums up the entire interaction with this guy.

It seemed like a good bike and a good deal so I had no problem agreeing to the price. In my mind as soon as I agreed to the advertised price we had a deal. He then stated 'well I just wanted to see what I could get for the bike', at which point I thanked him for wasting my time. I have no problem with the guy trying to get as much as he can, just don't waste people's time. I spent some time looking at shipping logistics and import logistics into Canada.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

There will never be a bevel drive Ducati with the same engine and frame number - no way. :(~
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

I have an extra 78 Darmah. Black and gold.I may be letting it go in the spring.
79 Darmah
78 900 GTS
86 F1B
80 SSD
02 Harley FXD
72 H2 750 triple
08 KTM 300XC
there has yet to be a motorcycle line made that is as satisfying to ride, hear and look at as the ducati bevels

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”