Wanted- dry clutch for bosch engine

Post your bevel drive twin cylinder FOR SALE and WANTED ads in this space......
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Wanted- dry clutch for bosch engine

Post by Aussiess »

I am looking for a complete dry clutch unit for my bosch engine track bike.
Please PM me if you can assist
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica
silverfish
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Try this one for a dryclutch

Post by silverfish »

mizike77
860 GT / GTS

Post by mizike77 »

Very nice....$2800...ouch!
79 Darmah
78 900 GTS
86 F1B
80 SSD
02 Harley FXD
72 H2 750 triple
08 KTM 300XC
there has yet to be a motorcycle line made that is as satisfying to ride, hear and look at as the ducati bevels
silverfish
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Clutc

Post by silverfish »

Unless you have 100+ bhp you can use this one.
more money ver for the restof it...

http://www.novaracing.co.uk/ducati-beve ... -drive.htm
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

Thanks for the responses so far, the Smith japanese link looks promising, I will do further review, yes that seems expensive, but have you priced a Mario Sassi unit? A bit more than that in OZ $$.
As for the Nova straight cuts, I already have them fitted in the engine, I did that thinking things would be fine, well, the answer is no to that.
I dont know exactly how much HP my engine is putting out but its enough and a dry clutch is what I have to find.
Only issue with Smiths unit I see is that you would have to take the cover off is you wanted to inspect plates and if heaven forbid you decked it, its still a one piece cover.
So no one has a decent 2nd hand unit no longer used??
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica
hedton
Diana

Re: Try this one for a dryclutch

Post by hedton »

Does anyone know if you can fit a modern Ducaticlutch to the smith or the novakit?

Thanks

hedton
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

JUst a suggestion,and I may be wrong:A dry clutch is great of course,but,the cost and hassle are big issues. How about:forgo the dry clutch.Go with stiffer springs,or washers (under!) the springs,and,go to a lighter oil,in case you are using the bad old 50Wt we used to use. Also of course,the clutch may slip/drag erraticallly if all the splines are not in great shape.The recipe above fixed clutch slip problems for me with a pretty strong 750.
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

JUst a suggestion,and I may be wrong:A dry clutch is great of course,but,the cost and hassle are big issues. How about:forgo the dry clutch.Go with stiffer springs,or washers (under!) the springs,and,go to a lighter oil,in case you are using the bad old 50Wt we used to use. Also of course,the clutch may slip/drag erraticallly if all the splines are not in great shape.The recipe above fixed clutch slip problems for me with a pretty strong 750.
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Post by Steve Foster »

WARNING: possible oil discussion.

Ray - what was the bad old 50W that you used to use and what is the spec of the lighter oil that you now favour?

And is that a round case 750 that you referred to?

Thanks
Steve
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

Yes,a round case. We used just that,50wt. Probably Castrol,but it doesn't really matter. Now it seems to be the consensus that cavitation and fill-in (fall-in) at the pump,crank flywheel oil "drag" etc were problems not justified by any questionable lubricity advantage. I don't know.I do know that getting that kind of oil out of the plates of a wet clutch can be an issue. For example,we used to fix slipping Norton clutches by just glass beading the bronze discs and going to a very light oil in the primary,and not too much of it.As for shimming the springs,I had a heck of a time finding suitable washers.but our A-number-one parts man got them somewhere.
jaffa
Mariana

Post by jaffa »

Ray O'Donohue wrote:JUst a suggestion,and I may be wrong:A dry clutch is great of course,but,the cost and hassle are big issues. How about:forgo the dry clutch.Go with stiffer springs,or washers (under!) the springs,and,go to a lighter oil,in case you are using the bad old 50Wt we used to use. Also of course,the clutch may slip/drag erraticallly if all the splines are not in great shape.The recipe above fixed clutch slip problems for me with a pretty strong 750.
What thickness washers did you use??

Cheers
Jaffa
Volvo Aware Motorcyclist

'78 Darmah
'92 907ie
'82 900 MHR
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

Thsat was a long time ago! What we wound up with 450 springs,and the washers underneath the washer cup. The dimensions were tricky in terms of outside diameter,to get them to fit in. Thickness was about 2mm or more,but I never measured them.It was a fairly stiff clutch pull.
billherring3
Mariana

Dry Clutch

Post by billherring3 »

Ray ..I've got a V2 NOS Dry Clutch ...I think it could be used for a Bosch bevel. 2100.00 plus shipping regards Bill
60 200 Motocross 66 M1 69 350M3D 74 450M3
74 750S 74 750GT 75 900SS 80 900SSD
86 F1B 90 SP2 93 888 04 998FE 08 HM1100S
GUZ 93 DAYTONA MV 04SPR
74 3CL 84 RGS 38 RACING INTL
28 CS1 64 MSS 38 VELO KSS 59 T120
Ray O'Donohue
Parallel Twin

Post by Ray O'Donohue »

I fouled up. That recipe I posted used springs from a 450. Cobwebs in the mind,after 30+ years...

Return to “Bevel Drive Twins”